Thursday, July 27, 2017

Pro action and Wound Care


I have made a decision to be going down ,to bed, during the day to rest and to get the weight off my butt. I think I've developed a pressure sore on my left hip. The sore is located, sort of high up on the hip. He my health person didn't see it first time I suggested that I may have a wound . Honey on closer inspection found what she thought to be a wound. I had Honey attempt to apply the second skin tape that Dianne used to use but Honey doesn't have the same skill level Dianne   does. The tape became all scrunchy last night when I applied my lotion and this morning I took the tape off completely because the tape had bunched up during the night And I was afraid to take because more problems and what the tape might solve.

Now I'm wrestling with the question of going to my care provider for wound care management? Remember last month, I went in and there was  all  this hassle about taking information from me regarding payment online.The event was all pretty draconian. Theoretically now that I have become established at the wound clinic I should get more readily served. I still do not think they appreciate pro-action at the wound clinic. I got the impression they wound clinic will see you but they would much rather have you make your appointment. My knee-jerk reaction that says  that's garbage but I've been spoiled by the University of Utah who really focuses on wound care and wound care prevention. So maybe I'll make an appointment for tomorrow, Friday. Today I have a number of things that must be focused on. I'm going to have to because about either do pressure releases all day all the time or get myself down in bed which I cannot see happening but better to go to bed ,at this stage,than allow the wound progress to a really to really dangerous level.

I see my occupational therapists and whoever else will be involved in my chair review, which is scheduled for next week. I know it is my power chair which has caused me to start putting extra weight on the left cheek causing this wound . I try to be proactive which is not working. Today I have my coffee group and then I have to go out to West Jordan at four for the read long. I will cause some damage to the cheek but the damage will hopefully be minimal. After the coffee group I'm going to try to lay down to take the weight off. Maybe later this afternoon after I get back from the read along. I need to remember that I still have to exercise on the arm cycle for 45 minutes. Hopefully, the chair review well help in getting some remedies to my problems. The only issue with that is that the chair review can be relatively long-term Maybe a new cushion would be more forthcoming but even that takes time. I have even thought about starting to use the old chair, the backup chair and see what happens is that the that helps.All the legally by three but I'll be around until then. And I don't need to be there when you here. You're just look at a trustable


Once again I'm frightened, concerned yet hopeful I will be okay.

No comments: