Sunday, July 02, 2017

Holiday Week!

I love the beginning of and a holiday week. To me every day that week's special and of course especially the holiday itself. In past blogs I have rambled on about how the holidays seem to have lost some of their impact because of my retirement. Now, though being single again and older I now see the holiday season as special for me to enjoy every second. If I really worked at visiting people I would be in contact with friends and relatives on the holiday but that is not practical in in fact the plates on my van expired couple days ago. At this point I cannot really intend to register the Van again. I'm hoping the little guy from Wyoming still going to purchase the sucker and get off my shoulders. Really hate to spend almost $70 a month just to ensure something I hardly ever use.

The best part about being retired and the holiday week is that the goods and services still be running the six days a week aside from the holiday itself. I believe I'm so lucky to be housed literally right next to a park. I go over and hang out just because I want to. Sunday's in the part is a lot of fun because a lot of families have big celebrations with lots of music. I like to go out listen to the music and lots of families enjoy themselves. Sometimes I fantasize I am part of the family. A family group even cooked a whole pig the other week. I would have loved to have tasted some of that. I almost want to go across the street the gray whale and final copy of Chicago's Saturday In the Park . Luckily,I have the Internet and I can go to YouTube and search for the video and there it is, to three versions of the Chicago song. I can listen to it for a couple minutes and get the whole thing out of my system.


I love this holiday becauset the 4th of July is usually hot and this year will be no exception. The weather service is calling for temperatures almost 100°. I'm loving that. I'm sure I'll be just staying here at the apartments and maybe ran across the street to the park I'm happy with that. There's no place I would rather be I think that my apartment enjoying the, my computer and the Internet. On top of that I have the promise of a wonderful week.

No comments: