Monday, July 10, 2017

Thumb Driver I Hate You


I'm starting out with what could be considered is a bad day. However I am not going to let this bother me to the point that at well make Whatever is happening a bad day. Yesterday diligently for actually occur even been Saturday but I diligently wrote my three letters that I write every month to Shelley and the two girls. I still had to get them changed over to the correct font, edit and print letters as well as envelopes. No big deal correct? When I went to print not only was the printer not working but I was also having issues bring up the documents themselves. Any of the documents I wrote during this period were somehow saved to a thumb drive I had in my system and now that some drive will not allow me to access what is ever on the thumb drive. Actually, I do not even know if the letters are on the thumb drive when I search for the letters they say there on the thumb drive but when I will go to bring them up the computer says the letters are not ready yet– – Whatever that means. Of course my mind starts making up all kinds of scenarios what is wrong,  foremost among those scenarios is the thumb drive was inside computer when I nearly dropped the computer a few weeks ago. I may be a little confused but, I think the thumb drive may have been bent a little bit it was hard to tell and it's hard to tell now. I've tried the thumb drive in two different machines the machine that almost fell and the machine up in the computer library at my apartment complex neither of the machines will read the thumb drive in fact they will not even see the thumb drive. Again, when I go to Open Office in the “recent files” it shows E: then the address for those actual documents. (E)Of course is the name for the port that handles the USB drives.

What's really interesting other documents I worked on yesterday and saved were saved to appropriate drives and folders and will come up no problem this morning which is good I appreciate not losing my work yesterday– – I just do not want to have to write the three letters over again. Any other day would be no problem but last night I couldn't sleep, or get to sleep. I don't abed with little water in my overnight water bottle and that was freaking me out because I didn't want to wake up in the middle of the night without any water. Long story short I got up which is really difficult more so than usual, one leg could barely move or would not move and cause me to really precariously get into my power chair. I was totally thirsty but that time I got ice and I got water I even ate a Popsicle. I probably ingested way too much salt earlier in the night when I barbecued the ribs. But once hydrated I was able to get back to bed by then it was 2 AM.

So I'm exhausted my eyes feel like you have sand under the eyelids. It seems that a bunch of things to do that I'm choosing not to do for one reason or another. I should've gone and helped out with the DD councils conference this morning but I just couldn't do it. I'm sure they were not even recognize my absence.


On an even stranger note Jimmy Wilson the uncle of the para who expressed interest in purchasing my wheelchair van let me know the kid really is not going to come through with the purchase. I should be more angry I suppose after all the kid told me not to register the vehicle he was going to buy it and now I have to do it all over again I can't find my documents but really that's my problem. I cannot ponder the negatives of got a push forward with whatever positives I can realize, get some rest and get set to have a better afternoon and tomorrow.

No comments: