Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Good Sign


Last month got announcement in the mail my dentist, Dr. Drew Luke Jones, that he was shutting this practice down. Drew Luke Jones DMD was retiring. You know your dentist is human, supposedly just like your M.D.but for some reason you never think about them aging just like you are even though you can see they are aging it just doesn't register at least this aging process did not register with me.

Actually I'm taking this turn of information, I think, fairly well compared to last couple turns I have had to deal with. In fact,the last couple of appointments I've had with Drew Luke I found it in my mind how difficult it would be to find a dentist. It was just the geographical nightmare to get from my apartment to his office which is now way south in the Valley even passed Sandy. In the seven months I've been I have lived at this apartment complex I've had to go to the doctor's office three or four times. One was an emergency situation that I had take cabs which is pretty expensive and other regular appointments I've gotten there by bus which though, economical was way time-consuming and a bit stressing. I was thinking there's got to be an easier way. Then, I got the announcement in the mail of Drew Luke retiring and that was that.

I live on Redwood Road which is the main corridor on Salt Lake's West side. There are huge amount of dental offices on the road. Even better immediately across the street from my apartment complex are two dental offices. Both offices have ramps which to me is a very good sign even if they are not spec ramps– – this means they serve people in wheelchairs before. I don't know how many people were in power chairs but I figure that's just a workaround.

I have my assistant meeting today then I had lunch with an old workmate from United Way who I met by while I worked 2 11 Information and Referral. I came home on the Redwood Road. Coming home the bus lets the author was cited Street right in front of the two doctors offices so in a fit of pro-actionI decided to get a new dentist. The first of the site went to have a small ramp to a set of doors in series which I struggled with about five minutes before somebody finally came out and greeted me, kind of. The office manager I'm sure it was who came out was an old battle ax. She clearly did not want to really help me too much. She is pretty much sure I would not fit into their offices and her doctor cannot work with me. I did leave a note on my number with her and she was good talk to the doc.
Next I went to the other doctor's office is also a surgical center albeit a small oral dental center but want to set up a wall that it was. The ramp was not spec but I could use the ramp will enough using my power chair and accomplice that came out and helped me enter the building holding the doors. The staff drug the dentist out to meet me and we had pretty good conversation. Reminds me to some degree of the Dr. I just left. This Dr. is on the short side and a bit ruddy. He looked healthy and friendly and up to a challenge. I'm sure we will look good together. His wife is the office manager and appealing. She gave me documents to fill-out. It looks like I have a new dentist. One that getting to will be a breeze. He looks like he'll be around for a while which is a good sign.



No comments: