Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Treasure Desk


Cable Guy, which is listed on the back of the Black Crowes box was released in 2006 similar to the other films listed. So this candy can be, easily 20 years old.

I finally have a day that I don't have to leave the apartment. My son Mark in speaking over last night for a few minutes and help me straighten up the apartment. I truly appreciate his infusions of help. I have to admit though it was somewhat impressed with how well the apartment looked. I've really been trying to keep the place halfway presentable. Anyway, I'm always motivated to write, draw and be creative after he's had a visit.

Last night I was getting ready for bed dark – – don't ask it's a long story – – and All of a sudden I heard “snap crack “ which forced the to turn the lights on and I saw I had ran over my best hook. I was sad to see the hook go But somehow knew the end , it was coming. Luckily I have a bunch of hooks. I grabbed one close in size to the other one destroyed and was set to go. I needed elastics/rubber bands, To fix the Dycem Nonslip material on the end of the hook. I used it rubber bands which are the and why, not hugely wide but wider the normal elastics. The kind that The Postal Service uses the band letters together in packets . I have to find a bag of rubber bands like this. I have seen them recently when I was rummaging around my desk. This morning when searching for them when I pulled out one of the drawers, one of the lower ones I seldom get to their facing the was a complete box Black Crowes still in the cellophane. My ex-wife Dianne, bless her heart, used to keep me saturated with candy. What was great was that she bought theater candy. She knows I love licorice especially black licorice. Over the years I found boxes of them on my desk but Dianne would get back to a shopping expedition. I thought I had consumed the last box but apparently not. Mind you this box of Black Crowes Could be well over a decade old. That does not matter to me. I operate a believe that candy which is basically sugar will last for decades if not longer. Case in point they have found sealed jars of honey from the Egyptian Erera. When I was in my survivalist mode I often thought I could use candy, if needed to, as fuel for yeast to bake bread.


Of course the Black Crowes are near petrified. Even Though still sealed in cellophane, Whatever moisture was inside the small black pellets or drops as long since evaporated in the arid climate of the intermountain Northwest. This can is nnow perfect For long-term sucking for movies (for which it was intended), long trips on the bus or train or something just sweet to conclude a meal. Sadly, now I'm sure this is the last box of treats in my secretary but one never knows which is the best reason to return to the source and excavate another layer.

No comments: