Sunday, July 30, 2017

End Of The Month Report or The times They Are A Changun


I'm doing Sunday things. Those things that need to be done before the beginning of the week. In my case laundry and specifically shorts. I have LONG pants patiently waiting for winter because I plan to wear my shorts as long as I can. I will probably break down and start wearing my slacks again in the fall, late fall and the dark clouds roll in with rain, sleet in the first flakes of winter. I hope that is the way my summer fades in the fall than to winter. However, anymore is difficult to say how the seasons well develop. I'm sensing global warming will be changed everything that I know as far as weather goes.

The weather continues to be hot and fairly dry. I still maintain the back of summer has been broken. The temperature the last couple days averaged in the 90s but the heat is different now following summer's broken back. The day now gets hot but then the heat goes away. I noticed the yesterday while working out on my arm bike. As I pumped I did not get the same kind of sweat that I did for the last two hot spells.The nights are not cold now But now I have noticed that I need to cover up before morning whereas before The heatwave I would just lay naked all night– –I love that part of summer, the beautiful sweltering in the heat. Now, a chill prowls the room around 3 AM And I am forced to cover up if I want anymore sleep.

I'm hoping for some more clouds, big bi Cumulus Some cotton which float lazily over the eastern mountains and finally organize into evening storms. Morning sunshine afternoon and evening lightning and when enhanced with wind and heavy rain all the better. We had Two storms this July. The weather guys referred to the storms as 200 Storms. Meaning I guess that we only got storms of that magnitude every 200 years. I do not know how much I believe that but they were grand storms all the same. I sure do not hope for flooding the streets or anywhere else Nor do I want to see drought in the park on the other side of the driveway to my apartments turned to dust. I just want some in the morning rain in the afternoon. Times they are changing.

My tomato plants are now huge. I cannot believe the stem emerging from the ground is on the one plant and I'm sure the stems are just as large on the other three. I just cannot reach to see them. The plants have thrown off blossoms But I see no fruit beginning. One of my neighbors here at the apartments remarked she is not seen any bees this year Which is maybe wonder perhaps the tomatoes have not pollinated. I did see some wasps flying around the plants when the blossoms are out and hopefully these villains of the backyard And picnics have done the job. Time will tell.


Tomorrow begins August, I'm not ready for August, I'm not ready to see the end of summer. Be that as it may summer is coming to an end and I better start getting.

No comments: