Saturday, July 01, 2017

A Little Help from My Friends



I would just like to get back for the rest of the day and try not to fret about a dark moon rising like a CCR song. I sensed the day was going to be a rough one early on whn I woke and had th drain my bladder and I did not get the catheter in the bag I use when I am in bed and wet on good portion on the be willd pad I sleep on for this very reason. It was bout 4 am but since things may not go the way I would like to do today. When I was going by the computer the headset got caught in my rearwheel and no matter what I tried to do to unfastened the headset that was a no go and finally got so involved in the back wheel that actually pulled the computer off the bookshelf! Luckily my workstation, most of the computer and the computer did not crashed to the floor so that's a good sign. But, things didn't get unplugged that I doubt I'll be able to fix myself. Actually, since I'm writing this on the computer at least the basic computer is okay I just have to reconnect to the Internet and that may take some time.

Then, I went to take my daily morning regimen of vitamins and such and I knew that I was going to have to reorder some vitamins and supplements but I really thought I had complete other bottle of baclofen, in my estimation the most important medication that I take. I take my meds In a cupboard above my workstation I have everything in the cupboard. However, the more I searched the more I came to the realization space that I was out of baclofen! I cannot believe this, I cannot believe I let this happen. I looked at the bottle and saw that I had one order left. Suggest on a lark I called the reorder number and order the next 90 days of baclofen. The computerized voice on the telephone informed me that my med would not get to me in approximately 5 working days and the back we're going right into a national holiday Tuesday. I was desperate.

It's Saturday and I didn't really have anything planned except to work on the computer inputting Journal entries from 1996. However, I thought it might be best to see if I can figure out a way to score some baclofen. I felt my best option was to go to IHC and see if I can talk somewhere to either give me a couple tabs or at least write me prescription that would get me through five or 10 days. I caught the bus to the medical complex. Sadly, nobody could or would help me. I even sent a message out on my Facebook page explaining the problem. Oddly, one person did text me indicating they may have a few tabs I could use. Luckily, I had a date with this person for lunch, Monday.


I went to the Internet of course to see what the ramifications were to cutting baclofen cold turkey. It suggested that I would have but possibly have hallucinations and possibly seizures. I'm okay with hallucinations having seizures is something I don't want to deal with. One nurse and MD that I talked with both indicated that I probably would not have those Side effects. They said worst-case I would just have to deal with spasticity return. I guess I can deal with that even if it really messes up my sleep at least till Monday when I can talk to som real docs. On my return home but also found a baggie with a number of baclofen. So it looks like I'm okay for the weekend with my baggie and alittle help from my friends.   

1 comment:

Kaarle Almila said...

Your side gives me the good idea to make the comment by the way. Thank you!!!

coleman hydration backpack