Friday, July 14, 2017

Mail Call !


I had not checked My mail in three days. There is no specific reason except that it somewhat difficult for me to unhook the keys from God on the side of my power chair. I keep all the keys and values of the carabiner that I think just click on the bar and then I do not lose my keys. And of course I keep the key to my mailbox on the key ring attached to the carabiner. At this point in my life, really any point in my life I really got personal mail. My mom was alive and when Dr. McIntyre was still kicking I had a relatively good stream of first-class mail. That is how the post man referred to Personal type mail. I thought that was pretty interesting. Periodically I do get cute little letters from my granddaughters. I'm sure they are forced into writing by their mom in their mother's attempt to teach the girls good mail etiquette.

The problem however when you check your mail once or twice a week is that you have a large accumulation of ads, sales brochures and bills and other professional garbage. I was intrigued today to find a piece of mail from my dentist. Receiving mail from my dentist is not a new phenomenon. “Usually shows up around the first of the month, a windowed envelopes allowing a small bill to look out. This is just your regular long business envelopes with my name hand written On the front. I was almost 100% sure I knew what the message was and I was right. The stationary of tan paper In an effort to make the document will rustic was a letter notifying me that you Drew Luke was retiring his practice at the end of the month. He's been my best for the past 20 years half as long as he is been in practice. Last time I spoke with him or the last time Drew had worked on My teeth. I could tell that he was pretty well done with dentistry.There is even a personal check in the envelope nicely folded in stationary.


So now I will begin the process of securing a new dentist. This is a little intimidating but not bad in fact I could continue at my dentist's practice he just will not be there. You brought in a ringer to take over but I was just about finished with this dentist anyway. The practice is just way across town from where I live now. Especially since I am not driving and the efficacy of my van is going into the line questionable. There are two dental practices across the street from my apartments are. One has a ramp going into the building. The building is a bit older but it looks like they have serviced folks in wheelchair before. And literally on the same block there is a bigger operation going with not only a dentist but an oral surgeon as well. This building is not look as accessible as the first but a little more professional. Either way I'm a little excitement about finding somebody new and someone close by that can meet my dental needs and being able to do so without having to cancel my old dental experience and thus hurting my dentist feelings

No comments: