Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A Cold Wind Blows…


Now I love a summer storm. I've written about summer storms in my affection for them and even included link to a great piece of music in the past about summer storms. But this week we've been having some summer storms which are kind of odd for this time of year. Usually we get a few storms in the afternoon but usually it's hot and dry the very kind of days that the “dog days of summer” are so named. However, the storms that came in the all kinds of moisture/water on the area which is not a problem, which is actually kind of nice but whatever brought in the storms also brought in lower temperatures. Though I did not freeze last night with my window open, after a storm came through, I was cold and and I feel cold. I didn't sleep well tonight woke up this morning around 3 AM and never got back to sleep. It felt good to be wrapped up against the early morning chill. This early-morning chill is new and I think odd. This is a definite change in the weather and with the weather looks the temperature is going to be cooler For the remainder of the week. We'll be lucky if the mercury climbs inside.

Of course I have to deal with everybody from the old ladies. Apartment complex to bus drivers would have to comment on how great it is to have cool weather this really in August. Whenever the bus driver say that it hit me that this is late September whether that we are having it makes me wonder if we are in for a brutal winter.. A brutal winter would not surprise me. I hate like hell to say goodbye to summer but it feels as of summer is gone. What good whether we get from here on out will be like crumbs from the cake when  the cake is gone. 

i almost wished I had either worn a long sleeved shirt Or had my hoody wrapped around my neck this morning ,the morning was so chilly. I got up at the early this morning to make sure I caught an early bus going further south on Redwood Road. Yesterday when making an appointment for the podiatrist, the scheduler got me an appointment this morning at 7:45 AM! So I got up around 6 AM and felt great, except for the lack of sleep, I felt like the old days when I got up early every morning to go into work. Actually, by appointment was for 8:15 AM but I wanted to be sure to be at the office earlier than 15 minutes before my appointment so I can check them and since this was my first time I had to go through all that rigmarole of filling out paperwork. I bet it took the podiatrist less than 15 minutes to cut and  my toes or toenails the toes had grown to to be monstrous. The reason I went to this podiatrist was because one of my neighbors gave me his card and said he is really good. Essentially, the folks here at Plymouth View are sick and tired A look at my feet since I don't wear shoes in the summer.


I cannot believe how adult I felt after I finished. He even answered questions I had regarding worries I have about my feet specially dark spots on the sides which he said is basically normal. He said everything about my feet were normal for my age and situation. Was not really sure what that meant that sounded good to me. I have meetings today with their my usual Tuesday morning rituals. Getting up early and getting out the door as well as important today. For a split second I felt the rush of early-morning productivity which I really missed.

No comments: