Thursday, August 17, 2017

Waiten For Dave


Currently Thursdays are busy for me. I have the weekly Coffee Social followed later in the day with the reading group out in South Jordan library. Both events sadly, to some degree, are the high points of my week. So much so that I think I have a difficult time sleeping Wednesday night with anticipation of these events. Today I was even more blessed with a busy Thursday when I was called by my old friend and boss Dave who was passing through the state going up to visit family and home stomping grounds Blackfoot Idaho. David's timing was perfect. I have this huge break from the end of the coffee social to When I have to travel south to South Jordan in the library. Truth be told, I did have a difficult time sleeping or should I say going back to sleep after I woke this morning around 4 AM. I just have to used to the idea that I need to stay up later so I sleep tonight. In truth I was going to actually think about laying down for an hour to before the event at the library but of course that was not to be Dave's coming to town.

It was great seeing Dave looked good. I thought they looked much better than last time I saw him. He was up and had color the cloud of depression that seemed to hover over him last visit was gone which gave me hope. I'm still so impressed that he'd been to Europe since last we spoke specifically France specifically Paris. That would be a great trip. And Paris was a great trip for David. Dave of course showed me the number of images Taken during the trip it was great especially the Eiffel Tower. I Have never really thought about Paris except the last couple years watching the Bourne movie offerings were much of the film was taken in Paris or Berlin. And then with Dave going to Europe makes me think That if you're If ever given the opportunity I would do Paris.

Now bear in mind one of the other things I had planned to do After coffee social was to charge the battery on my power chair for an hour or so to make sure I had ample power to make the trip to South Jordan. I believe I lamented in the past recently that my batteries do not seem to keep their charge as they once did which irritates me to no end but I guess I've had these cores go to in here for now Over two years and maybe it's time to consider new batteries. Casey my occupational therapist and I planned this if we get authorization to do the rehabilitation to my power chair. So now I'm doomed to carry my battery charger why the chains of Scrooge. This is okay I have carried the charger before.


By the time I got to the library I was showing less than half the charge but that it was still short green in it. But by the time the read a long started The battery got yellow and that's a good sign. We finished the days reading and I headed out straightforward the bus stop. The battery was still somewhat visible but still short yellow by the time I got the bus stop. Fortunately, this is Route 217 headed north wind starts immediately in front of my backdoor almost just a matter of going to the gate and even if the battery went to red I would have more than enough juice to make it to the apartment– –Which I did the very social yellow. It was nearly 4 o'clock time for my daily work out on Saratoga Silver. I work out for an hour and a plug-in as soon as I got to the Saratoga pretty much the end of a pretty great day. This so good to see a friend it was so good to see David.

No comments: