Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Costanza


I don't order a lot of fried food anymore just because I'm trying to lose weight and a hamburger is not good way to lose weight. I love a good hamburger either log McDonald's hamburgers not the big Fat multi-Patty,goopy monstrosities but McDonald's entry-level burger which used to cost $.15 now costs almost a dollar. But I wish burger Fast food joints would do with me to serve the entrée with just a handful of fries. So many times when I order my burger and and asked if I want to help out with fries or onion rings I would love to say yeah sure. The price is not to prevent me from ordering these carbohydrate wonders taste and little nourishment It seems the fried delicacy is served In the bushel basket size portion. It's not even like he can take the quarter fries home with you need later because everyone knows cold fries can be reheated and just does not cut it once the cold and old.

Once or twice when I've gone to pick my order up at the window I've been blessed with somebody who had dropped a couple fries off their order when they picked it up and had not been cleaned up from the counter. These 2or 3 Fries just enough To complement the better. I even asked the server if she could just throw in a couple fries She just smiles at me like I have a deficiency of some sort. After all there in the business to sell food and lots of it. I just want to taste that's all.

Yesterday I was downtown for my regular Assist meeting and I have to go to Fourth South to catch the red line home. In doing so I had to pass the Apollo burger Joint downtown. They make great burgers, flame broiled in the bigger than what I need but I figured what the heck. I went in wrestled with the size of the burger, 1/3 pound and took in the aroma of everyone's food. I even asked the person taking my order if they made a smaller burger she smiled and shook her head no. I was going to have to order one of the big guys and I did. I ordered the mushroom burger. I really wanted to order the pastrami burger but I did not dare not that would have made a whole lot of difference in the end. I just cannot bring myself to order that much enjoyment. The girl smiled at me And I asked, “is that all Sir?” Would you like onions or fries to go with your order? I smiled forlornly in saying no and take my number to the table.

I'm looking for a table When I noticed a half filled drink and what's left of it order of the table next to the table I was considering. On the tray with the half a drink was the usual waded up napkins covering what was left out the meal and to the side was the cardboard container  fries camewere five or six residuals resting in the container, and I have a convoluted idea , If George Costanza can retrieve a half a doughnut from the dumpster I can certainly grab these couple of tries from the table and I did it. I looked around no one was paying attention and I reached over and snatched the french fries. It was perfect, it was exactly what I wanted just a taste of fries.


I don't know if I ever plan to do this again – – snatch some dead fries but I tell you what I am certainly going to consider the possibility if I'm given the opportunity again. It's the only way to fry.

No comments: