Sunday, August 20, 2017

To eat or not to eat…


I did it! A couple weeks ago I was seriously looking for righteous watermelons. I have learned the only place I can find righteous melon is that the Murray Park farmers market. Again, if you search my blog you will see probably numerous comments regarding the Dragon Lady and green something watermelons. I had been over to the park and I was a little bit early for the farmers market which was to begin the following week. Across from the farmers market is the Murray Costco. In other months and years Dianne and I had memberships to Costco or more specifically we shared a membership and Dianne pretty much did the shopping which is okay by me. I had a difficult time being that facility just because the proportion size of items at this place is so huge and to see the products stack from floor to ceiling in this warehouse is just appalling and seems what people are purchasing in the quantity in which they are purchasing just totally depressed me. However, on this day I rolled into Costco and once again overwhelmed at the quantity of the delicious offerings this place made available to people like me. Then it hit me I am quite these people and I could be one of them. Often, I would sit through Costco and look at but it never purchased because it was not a member. That changed.

I am now card-carrying, photo ID member of Costco. I have not yet purchased anything. It's funny after I purchased my memberships I felt like I was coming home. I rolled around looking at everything and thinking to myself “I can buy you, I can buy you or I could buy you” what a rush.

This morning I was over at the market across the street from my apartment complex. I specifically went over to purchase a loaf of light the bread– – Brand that consists of 60 cal per slice. I was gunning for 45 cal per slice but I couldn't find it.. This loaf is mostly air but the loaf fools me into thinking I can still eat to lose weight. This loaf of “bread” also makes me think I'm eating food.While I was roaming the aisles of the market I ran into my neighbor across the hall was also shopping and we had quite a discussion about shopping and food that we could eat or Should eat are two different things. My neighbor is still ambulatory however she also has a pretty bad heart possible kidneys which are failing and who knows what else. She's going in for another major operation in a week or so but today she was shopping for food to get her byUntil she has her surgery. She was bummed out at the cost of everything And what she currently could not eat. I thought about offering sharing meals with her but I did not bring that up because want to go down that path you could be cooking all time.I did suggest we should combine our resources And shop at Costco. She agreed but the conversation went no further perhaps it's best. But I still am concerned for many of the residents of this apartment complex about being able to eat what they want to eat when they want to eat and having everything the affordable.


Interestingly I wonder if Shakespeare were to write his play today with poor Hamlet the saying “To eat or not to eat… That is the question”

No comments: