Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Going Crazy


I swear I'm going crazy. I believe we spoke about the things I need to be doing, that I have to be doing in order to continue with my lifestyle. One is to redirect my direct deposit from my shared account with my ex-wife Dianne are joint account to my Checking account.. That means I have to work with Utah State retirement which I talked about in yesterday's blog as well as going up against SSA,, an organization that is so huge that you don't even have to coded in the year wordprocessor, wordprocessor knows to do all the caps for Social Security Administration. This afternoon I was on hold for SSA for 53 minutes waiting for the “Agent” to get online and help me. After incalculable prompts for different programs that Social Security administrates and also incalculable apologies that a computerized voice made about how sorry it was that I had to wait so long interspersed with poor music only to have at the end and agent named Hug (I swear he is making believe he could not hear me) eventually hang up on me because I did not respond. The whole time I was screaming for Hugo to pick up yes I'm here, don't hang up, don't hang up I'm really really here but in the end, you know it Hugo, hung up on me. By that point in time as “about my phone time or battery time and I had to make a call to my home health person to rectify some major problems on this months bill. I'm still kind of amazed at how well I took the hangup. A short my shoulders and almost called back, actually I did call back. The first time I called they gave me the option of choosing the option to have the computer, you back in about an hour. I should've taken that instead of hanging online for 53 minutes. I had the bright idea that I would choose to have the computer call me when it was ready. Then I could put the phone on the charger And get my device back into the safe zone. Of course that didn't happen they just shoved me into the wait mode And I could not handle that so of course now I'm going to have it on my agenda for Thursday or Friday. Again am under the pressure to have this done by the 15th of the month so I will start getting direct deposit to my checking account. The worst case is that this is not happen in a timely manner and my Social Security while go back to the joint account and messy as it might be then I would secure the funding back then. I still have enough in the lump sum I've been operating off of since October to allow me to pull this off – – I know I can do this.

On this months bill from my home health provider there were two major discrepancies. I was charged for services that weren't really rendered because of the inexperience of the home health provider they sent out – – because my regular person was ill. That was one hour at $23 an hour the second was I was charged for an hour that didn't transpire. Because of the Utah holiday 24th of July which I was slated to get my home health night that night but would cost me holiday pay. I elected to have my shower and toileting done the day before. For some reason I was charged two h.ours when I should have been charged for one. In fact rarely do I use a whole hour of the providers time. I was a little worried about having to be assertive and demand my right and not pay this 46 bucks. I was going to try to make my stand but in the back my mind realize I would probably lose but to my surprise and enlightenment, Joe the owner of the company (who really is a nice guy) really worked with me and we negotiated those two hours away. I was totally delighted.


I received my change of direct deposit today from URS. I filled out the document, called make sure I had the document filled out right And decided that I would go downtown anyway tomorrow and drop the document offSpace in person. And I wrestled with the owner of the home healthcare provider and survived and got my needs met. This is just enough to keep me going and hopefully get a lot more these pressure points eradicated.

No comments: