Monday, August 07, 2017

Waiting Always Waiting

Today is turning out to be one of those days. I was contacted early on my usual night staff – – who is just perfect– – and she is again ill and will not be able to provide the services tonight. Honey my regular staff is just perfect we get along great together. So when she notifies me that she is ill I begin to get nervous. Today she called I immediately called service and and over problems I had last time Honey was sick. I reiterated, slowly and as clearly as I could to the person on the phone exactly what I needed and skills that would be necessary. She ended up giving me the name I was not familiar with which spooked me.I texted Honey, to reassure this new person could do the job. I'm sitting here nude waiting for this person is now almost an hour and a half late and once again I am beginning to worry.

In the meantime the result of drama going on. I was called soon after Honey called by the ramrod of the local private nonprofit direct action group that I've been working with for the last year, DRAC. DRAC is beginning to frustrate the past couple of months. See the last couple of blog posts. It seems we have it one meeting after another and that's not necessarily bad. It's what she wrote to the meetings with no one else there that my frustration grows. So I was not all that happy to hear another meeting today especially when I had so much other nonsense on my plate to deal with. I'm having to go through my records and pull out all my medical expenses I have incurred by a living at the apartments. I also have secure al document from the state retirement system authenticating my award of income. I also have to contact state retirement systems as well as Social Security to have payments redirected from one account to another, direct deposit. These tasks seem so minimal or minor but have just mushroomed out of control.I can sensibly make these changes online but cannot because I'm locked out of my accounts because I have forgotten passwords and usernames. When I go online to get customer supportI find myself in the telephone wasteland of “Hold” waiting forever with that music. I was actually hoping I could stop by the retirement system offices and do everything a person to make sure it was done right I went to the meeting and when the meeting was finished I realized I didn't have enough time to go to retirement systems and get home in time for my night staff. So I came on home as quick as I could. I was hoping to get some phone time in which the government offices before staff got here but by the time I called the state everyone got home and all I got the answering machine.


So here I sit blogging in the nude as my evening continues to evaporate, I will not be able to work out as planned listening to my favorite radio programs. So this has turned out to be one of those days. On the good side i found a lamp on the sharing shelf this morning so maybe the dar wan't so bad after all..  

No comments: