Sunday, August 06, 2017

Blanket Page

There's nothing more intimidating to a writer than a blank piece of paper – – there I go again calling Myself a writer. But look!This is no longer a blank page, this page has something written on it I'm writing! I'm really really writing. Is that the mark of a writer being able just to fill up space? Maybe so. I have to confess that I looked at this blank page for a good while before I started writing this bit of nothingness. Before that had spent about an hour up front in the lobby of the apartment complex I live in watching drama across the street from our building. There is no less than seven police cars and an emergency vehicle parked in the cluster and about 20 uniforms milling about. Two individuals were handcuffed sitting on the curb and this seemed a lot of nothing going on.

An hour before this happened I had gone across the street to the market. Had rented two red box movies last night and I needed to get them back to the red mothership that lives in my market.Of course as soon as I got the market I forgot all about the red box movies and got an item or two which I had forgotten last night and forgot to download the movies. So of course I get home and get to work then in a blinding flash realized I had not returned the red box movies. So I grab my backpack once again and take off for the market. When I get back I come through the lobby of my complex and there seems to be a gathering of people at the window of the front door. Out across the parking area seems to be half the police department of Taylorsville. Seven vehicles some of lights flashing some doors open and lots of officers milling about. And yes with two suspects down. Great drama for a Sunday afternoon. What is extra sad is that one of the suspects belongs to one of the residents in our apartment. I doubt this will have any significant impact on this lady but I'm sure the lady will feel self-conscious knowing that department knows that something happened across the street and it involved her offspring. Whereas with the gaggle of residents nobody knew for sure what it happened except for the suspect in the blue T-shirt and jeans had something in his mouth that he would not spit out at the command of the law enforcement personnel. In fact he resisted quite significantly anything law enforcement demanded of him as did the other suspect. It was learned that the suspect in the blue T-shirt had drugs in his mouth that he would not spit out. I watched the drama play out for a little bit but decided local law enforcement did not need our ratings on this particular episode of “Bad Boys Bad Boys”.


I often comment I live in Bullet Ville but I do so kiddingly. Yet there is a steel fence which basically surrounds our building we are gated and that's okay with me. Any given night I hear many sirens running up and down Redwood Road which is right next to our building. I've not heard much gunfire at least I don't think so It's been July which is basically firecracker season are gunshots take your pick kind of all the same here.

No comments: