Friday, August 11, 2017

SSA

I really would like to write these posts in the morning, soon after rising, but in fact I have been just too busy. I know that sounds pretty presumptuous but it's been true the last week or so and it looks like it's going to be this way for some time to come. Yesterday I did URS as the blog states. Today, was kind of more of the same. It seems I can only do one major item a day particularly if have to do that in person. Most of my day is spent in waiting and travel time and that's cool what else may going to do?

I really want to be able to do this over the phone Using“MySSA or something like that. Of course when you go to the website you don't get a human being you get some just the program with the voice that sort of auction through the system if you have a username and password, which I do and then I don't. I do not remember but at one time I have made contact with Social Security Administration and set myself up with a password and a username. But for the life of the air cannot remember it now, the system does but the system is not going to tell me. I tried and I tried to get a human being who could actually help me through the cyber maze or to get the system to send me an encrypted message with what I need to do to get into My Social Security. The system kind of sets up your account and will actually send you what you need to set up a new password and username but it's not a quick email to your email account it's a hard copy letter that will be mailed to you the next 5 to 10 days and if you're sweating bullets trying to get into your system right now and you've triggered this whole name replacement sequence You don't have time to wait days for snail mail to crawl into your mailbox. You need to get going now. So with my frustration level high because if I don't get this done by the 15th the federal government's ability to dump money into my checking account will be moved back one month. And I really want to get my SSA funding and my state funding synced and I want to have them to begin doing this as of September's payment. I figure the only way I was going to bring this about was to go in to SSA and look pathetic enough they will do what it takes to get rid of me.

I of course went to RIDEUTA.com and dutifully put in my ending point AND starting point and hit return. The Internet then barfed up aSolution which was almost an anti-solution. I would actually have to go to the IHC station And take the big train ( Front Runner) get off at the next stop then roll to SSA.

I do not fear not Being able to find this building, I do really poorly at directions and following them. I don't have faith The Person or thing Who put the directions together. What I truly fear is not having enough power in my chair to do all I needed to do. But today I have the power and the well. Today I did exactly what the printed document I had my consent to do and soon I was at SSA. I went and got a number and waited and waited. This is okay you expected to wait At Social Security.There's a whole room waiting and I was no better than anyone Of them. I started getting little uneasy however when I started seeing people arrived after me being served and leaving. But in the process you have to fill out information on a computer when you get there and somehow it assigned due to whoever assists you.

You can imagine chagrin when I was finally called and found myself in a room with my agent, who was totally blind. She had a sister device in the form of a woman. Again I'm not saying that one person couldn't do my case I was just saying I sure want to make sure that my payments got deposited to the right place. But some I have full faith in my blind SSA agent. Not only did she Redirect my direct deposit to my checking account but she also started me on the process to access my My SSA.com account. It was a great experience—granted a little long but I got what I needed done.


So today was a good day, and today ended a good week. I got two of the major issues which it is freaking me out. Next week begins a whole new challenge.

No comments: