Thursday, August 31, 2017

Maybe Next Week


I really wanted to make my meetings today. It's Thursday so I had the coffee social, I also had the appointment with the podiatrist to look at my heel. Last night Honey was so good as to put a dressing and medication on the wound site. I was kind of impressed and really. The blister didn't hurt and looked better than it had earlier in the day. I believe Honey was right the blister had ruptured.. I almost felt like I didn't need to go to the doctor but I do think if I keep pressure off the wound the wound well take care of itself. I was quite concerned when I went to bed about my butt. I really felt my butt was getting beat up by the backup chair and it's stupid cushion. I can actually feel my skin breaking down my leg. I knew that if I tried to go anywhere with the backup I would dismiss that harm to my butt. I decided I would cancel my podiatrist appointment as well as book club. I will keep an eye on my heel and if it does not seem to improve I can make an appointment after the holiday. It's good to note that I was also concerned about the batteries in the backup chair. The chair was ok getting me around the apartments but I would not want to take it further if I did not have to. I had a bit of a challenge getting up this morning, making the jump from the bed to power chair. Not only could I get my feet underneath me very well or securely but I also had a difficult time shifting my weight from the bed to the chair. I made the jump but it was challenging. I have thought about maybe going back to bed and just waiting until the wheelchair people brought my chair back but I realized all have an issue transferred back to the bed. So I spent the day trying to keep the weight off my butt as much as I could. I binged on Salvation of the decent series I been watching on Amazon Prime. I laid my chair back as much as I dared to get the weight off my buttocks which I think worked but I was pleased when the wheelchair shop called to inform me my chair was coming back soon.

I'm always amazed at how closely have been watched here at the apartments. Everything seemed to be mixed up at coffee this morning I sat at the table in the direction, and by people I never sit by. One person who I barely know, who I sat by, leaned over and asked me Why is not being as active as usual. She said I was not rolling around the property like I usually do. I was a bit startled but took the questioning in stride. I smiled and felt very alone what's been happening to me physically of late. I do not have to live on the other people's expectations but I find I like to keep folks satisfied. I know I always like to have something to tell a home care person. She always likes to know what I'll be doing over the weekend and often comments when I post something on my Facebook account particularly if I'm out and about like going to a movie. She really reinforces My activity in the community.


I kind of feel this has been the lost week. The only difference I feel I have made this last week was my attendance at the Assist, Inc. meeting. Oh well, I plan to rest my butt and in my heel and start off next week on the right foot.

No comments: