Friday, August 25, 2017

Is It My Breath?


I had lunch today with my good friend Duane B. I think the last time we had lunch was back in June. I knew he was probably traveling around the country on his motorcycle or helping out his kids Which he does a lot of Because he's a nice guy. I document our history and other posts. I initially contact with Duane earlier this week when I was trying to find someone who could assist me with getting batteries in my chair. I eventually decided to have the batteries replaced by having the company come out to Chair but since We're Not Going to Lunch for Some Time I Invited Duane to meet me for lunch today.

We met at Dee's family restaurant, a Utah chain not far from my apartment easy rolling distance in my chair even now failing batteries. We had a great lunch , at least the time together was great lunch was quite challenging and unremarkable except for how weird the situation was. I really wanted a good corned beef sandwich The restaurant did not have corn beef but I set out take pastrami. The sandwich appeared open faced with the pastrami on one side And lettuce, tomatoes on the other. All the ingredients were sitting on some pretty dry rye. I specifically told our waitress, “rye” and maybe she thought I said “dry”. As I suffered through my “corned beef/pastrami” sandwich I mentioned to Duane This was not the waitresses all it was mine. I told him it just sort of makes sense of what had happened to me all week long. The bizarreness at the community college, the weird Experience with the soup Nazi and a very strange experience with service station across the street which was the subject of yesterday's blog. Oh yes this is totally bizarre experience I am feeling about trying to get the batteries in my power chair changed. I just shared with Duane that had to be me, I am doing something that is is affecting my communication or something because all these people to treat me weird. Duane of course tried to circumvent the conversation If not that a more positive twist on what I reported. But he had to admit these are some pretty strange things that I had experienced. On the surface I agree with Duane and basically I do On a deeper level however I'm beginning to wonder.


But I told Duane that I didn't care anymore. What was going to happen is going to happen and maybe it's all test for me to get through. Something to make me better than I am. Perhaps this is God's last-ditch attempt to save the lost soul rolling through life with a little help from His friends Duane once again but my lunch and volunteered to help me anyway that he could especially if I needed assistance with registering by vehicle next week or whenever.

No comments: