Monday, August 21, 2017

Total Eclipse Of The Sun









I really could not understand what all the big hype around the eclipse has been. Seriously I cannot figure out what this big to do was all about except for pushing another gimmick on the American people as an way for private industry to make more money. I'm sorry to be so jaded But that's what is so obvious most of the time whether it's holidays, any kind of national event or anything to wring a few more bucks out of our wallets. I was even making an effort to consciously not be pulled into this astronomical event.

I had a difficult time sleeping. I actually woke up around 2:00 AM and never really got back to sleep. I kind of slept 4- 7 AM but but that sleep was intermittent at best. A drug myself up around 8 o'clock made some coffee got dressed and continued my task of trying to find medical records to submit for rent reduction. Everything is a mess. In the process of my searching I found the Xfinity Invoice. I decided I was going to send my payment in by check. I had touched my checks over the weekend so I knew they were close by I just couldn't put my hands on them. This was just enough incentive to suit up and head out down the college where my credit union has a branch that I love to use. It was during this time that I noticed I was in the middle of the eclipse.

I was astounded. The light everywhere had dimmed. Of course it was obvious something was going on but it was just difficult for me to figure out exactly what it was even though I knew we're in the eclipse process. Everybody was out side the buildings of the college I got off the bus. Small clumps of people gathered together some wearing funky sunglasses looking like a cross between those weird shades one gets when they go to optometrist and he dilutes your eyes and the 3-D glasses one gets at the movies. Some nimrods were directly looking at the sun and small glances. Still stupid. All of a sudden I wanted to be part of the whole thing. I want to be one stupid people looking at the eclipse one way or another. There was definitely a feeling in the air I don't know quite how to ask exWillplain but it was an excitement, awe and coming together with other people on the plaza. I wanted to figure out away to safely see the eclipse. I wondered if I could give an image of the event on the camera up myself . I did not think I could but I was going to try. I ended up with an image not so good of the eclipse but a great image of the sun I called it a selfi of me and the eclipse. Actually I like the image.


Reading all the reports And hearing many of the reports as well as on YouTube and local media. Am somewhat envious of those that make the track where they would be able to see the totality of the eclipse. It would be great with to have felt their sensations and It felt some of the things what the temperature drop. To experience those things would have been fascinating. I doubt I will ever be witness to such event again but I am certainly pleased and thankful that I saw this one.

No comments: