Thursday, August 24, 2017

Soup Nazi


I was having a fairly decent day. Well, I didn't sleep well. I didn't get any long-term sleep to speak up but that's just the way it is right now so I'm okay. The coffee social was good. I was more amusing than usual. I was feeling so well that I was energized to the point that I made a decision to go across the street and have that little service station do the garden and safety inspections to allow me to register My vehicle. I have been driving my my feet now four weeks the whole process just seems so complicated Since I let the registration lapse.

Little place across the street does not even have a name on the building which is okay by me as long as they do good work. As spoken with my buddy Jimmy here the apartments who does a lot of mechanical type work if you'd ever been there and he said yes he had and they do good work. I asked if I could trust him-the owner-and jimmy said, “Oh sure. He's a great guy”. I still felt insecure and worried about getting taken for a ride but today at least I thought I would give it a shot and knows maybe I'll be surprised and have a great relationship develop.

The vans is as dead as a doornail. The van has sat there for at least six months without being cranked over. We charged the van and got the vehicle running a couple months ago when Jimmy's kin with a disability said he wanted the vehicle. That did not work out in the van has sat every sense. The service station is a rather older design there is like an 18 inch step or maybe 12 inch step one has to negotiate to get in to the office so, guess who's not going to the office. I can't the guys attention and he directed me to this other fellow who definitely was the owner. Right off the guy reminded me of the soup Nazi on an old Seinfeld episode. The guys Middle Eastern, serious as a heart attack grading in the beard and temples. The guy to be a foreign diplomat he has that Bearing. I explained to the guy that I needed to have my vehicle safety inspected to get it registered. I explained to him that my vehicle was across the street at the apartment complex and pointed the vehicle will and out to him. I explained to him the battery was dead because I thought my ex was going to take it but she gave it back and I no longer have a license and so I didn't use it much in the battery went dead in the registration expired.


I was not sure how this is supposed to work. I did not know if he was going to send one of his guys over with a charger to charge up the battery then drive my van over or maybe you have a magic box and that he would come over but the magic box on the battery and start the vehicle then drive it back to the shop for inspection. He came over and looked at my van and the first thing he asked was that I want to sell the vehicle because he knew somebody wanted that kind of vehicle – – those are his words. I said “no” and then I sort have became invisible. Significant the magic box to the terminals on the battery and basically cranked the motor Until the vehicle started. The service station and then disengages charger got in his truck and left driving back to the shop. I was just sitting there the vehicle ran for the next hour and half in the whole is generated some charge the battery. I got worried about the vehicle just running and asked Jimmy to reach in and turn the vehicle off which Jimmy did. I don't know what happened to have not seen the owner again. I guess next I will call mycousin Scott a similar shop . I believe I've written before about how I feel at one of my welcome with my relative but that's When I was married maybe things will be different now. I do feel a little uncomfortable though. It seems he was not happy working with me before but we shall see. Now also I'm tempted to find out how much the service station owners person would pay for a vehicle like mine. Right now I just want to get this registration ordeal behind me. Selling the beast really maybe my best option but I don't know if you want to deal with the soup Nazi.

No comments: