Monday, August 14, 2017

Floor Art


Sometimes I get a little bit overwhelmed. I hate to admit to such distress that is true. Lately I have been getting those feelings of Being overwhelmed in regard to my apartment. The cleanliness and order my apartment gets out of control. I wish I were better and I wish the apartment itself was laid out better for a person with a disability – – even though it is supposed to be for a person in a wheelchair. I am not naïve enough to really believe that this unit was speced out for a person in a wheelchair specifically. I mean generally it basically is accessible but when you get into fine points of living in a wheelchair in this unit the place leaves a bit to be desired. One of the main issues I struggle with daily is there just is not any counterspace. The coverage is so low that anything with any altitude all that are height can't get out of the cupboards so they are at the front of my encounters. Of course the microwave takes up a whole 18 inches at least on one side of the sink in the coffee maker takes up a good 8 inches on the other side and then there's my little oven that's next to my refrigerator. In between that is the electric range and so the really isn't much room left to put things like the copy and the sweetener and such so I end up dropping stuff.

The image I have chosen today is some artwork and done on the floor of my kitchen. Yesterday's edition was a half a cup of coffee that left out of the cup when I was trying to pour a cup last evening. I've been over the side of my chair to look where the coffee had landed (much like the old guy seen from 2001 when he drops the coffee cup on the tile floor in the last scenes of the movie”) and was enamored by the size of the splash and design of the splash. It was only then I noticed there are some other artistic events going on the floor meaning that I need to spend some time with them on soon with a mop and bucket of hot water.

I have to a degree some form of chaos going all over the apartment. I have paper chaos on my desk as well as my computer work surface. I recently went through all my files to find some purchases I have made this last year. Which means I have to pull all the files out of my little file keeper and The file folders are still all over my desk's. That's just a matter of picking up and putting folders back in the container. The point being I just have to do it.


I do not know about just giving up the chaos or I'm just getting myself exhausted during the day and then the task seems greater than it is. Sometimes I feel I am overthinking the issue I should just pull up my pants stop boobing clean up the damn apartment.

No comments: