Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Like Grease Through A Duck


I did housing in this town for more than 20 years, actually in some sense I'm still doing housing. I did HUD housing Or Federal low-income housing which most people with disabilities are qualified.So technically I knew the rules and qualifications. tthe rationale and need Never really sunk in and made sense until now. Now that I'm living in HUD subsidized housing.

The manager here, Jennifer, announced a couple weeks ago that we were going into the season of re-authorization. I did not pay much attention to the whole concept until earlier last week when she pulled me aside and said she needed all my medical expenses to see how low/high direct would be for the next year. On top of that I also got a notification that the joint account I still share with Dianne needs to be adjusted. We need to cancel the direct deposit status and redirect those monthly funds and our own checking accounts. So all these requests need attention and some sooner than others. So I'm stressing over acquiring this information and get that data to the right sources. It's driving me crazy it's like term papers are due, monthly reports, year-end reports all rolled into one. I hate it. But I'm focused on trying to focus to get the job done. Luckily this morning I had a gift of time when my friend and associate David From Assessed Incorporated called to let me know that today's advisory board has been canceled.

All weekend I've been working on accumulating the medical expenses and trying to arrange those expenses in some sort of readable format which makes sense. However when it presented this to the manager, Jennifer, this morning she needed more information. She needed the records of the people I present money to medically speaking to afford me their printouts of billing and paid accounts. I wish I had known this earlier. However, Jennifer assures me I have time to gather this information. She just desperate for this year's award letter from my pension people. I was able to get that information sent out to me. I was also able to get that documentation I will need to redirect my direct deposit information. If I can't do this by the 15th of this month direct deposit should begin with Septembers payout.The State pension folks at sample forms out to me to fill out that I need to send back to them for them to make the changes. I intend to get the paperwork filled out and then hand carried the document to their office. Now I have to do the same with my Social Security which I anticipate to be a lot more work. But we'll see maybe the redirection of my federal money well just slide through like grease through a duck.

I'm hoping by September 15 I can look back on this time and wonder why I stressed out to the level I did. And move on to the next challenge of my post divorce life.

No comments: