Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Excuses


Briefly yesterday I mentioned that I had gone down to the Housing Authority for the monthly disability rights action committee (DRAC) and there was nobody there. In the spirit of full disclosure I need to say that I don't find out that the DRAC meeting was in fact tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm still confused about the Wednesday meeting time because I know for fact at the last DRAC function I was at last week that the meeting was Wednesday and that the meeting will be held at the regular place In the basement of the Salt Lake County Housing Authority. I was not pissed when I heard this information. I have been glad to have a reason to get up And get out the door. I know it's stupid to have to have a reason to get up in the morning but sometimes I really do need such motivation.

While I was employed many of the morning and afternoon I went drift off into daydreams about I would do if I had the time. I would write, I would draw, sketch and even paint. I worked out and one around downtown of the East End and even at the University of Utah just hanging out but in reality but I have such options I don't use them or I have to force myself to be involved to be active to have fun. What is wrong with me? I could if I wanted hope on 517 – Redwood Road and bus down the street to the movie house. There is even a movie I would like to say, more than one I don't want to get carried away. But yet I do not do it. I hope I'm not lazy sometimes I just wonder if maybe IStrengthsam depressed that's why I cannot get motivated to do stuff but somehow I don't think so.

I believe I am still motivated to do stuff. I still love to cook even though the process has become quite complicated and challenging. I miss my gas range and a decent prep area but yet I still love to cook.I need to watch it though… I have a gallon Ziploc bag which is really nice zip seal. But currently have barbecue from last week plus barbecue I did Sunday. I would hate to start having to throw stuff away that had gone bad.

So tomorrow is the DRAC Meeting. I do not have anything else on my agenda so I suppose I will go. I will probably smile and be friendly but wonder why I was not notified of the meeting change if that's what happened. Sometimes I think I'm searching for an excuse not to do the DRAC thing. And what does that say?.




No comments: