Thursday, August 03, 2017

BUTT WOUND


Temperature once again is in the 90s, Even harder on the tarmac. I've been In the heated seems all day. Fortunately I did not have to do new chapter this afternoon as I usually do on Thursdays. I missed the read in because my wheelchair evaluation was scheduled to close to my other appointment. I guess I could've canceled or rescheduled my eval but I felt with what's going on with my body right now which I blame a great deal of it on messed up chair. I think if you evaluation last one out I would been able to make it to the reading but I think I would still put in jeopardy with my batteries. But the eval was two hours and that I have to write off reading with the group.

So once again I am dealing with a new wheelchair shop. This wheelchair shop however, is affiliated with IHC is a big hospital I've been dealing with this gives me hope especially once I get in line with their system getting to them will be a lot easier than Alpine Medical. I am at least hoping this will be the case. I'm trying to really hold myself back and not get excited about the possibility of being in the piece of equipment that would really meet my needs. As always I just take a wait-and-see attitude. There were some interesting options however that if the insurance would not cover features like an elevating seat or motors which would go 8 miles an hour. For as much really as I do and for the distance as I do will an extra 2 miles an hour of speed would sure make a difference. I'd probably have to pay about $4000 out of my own pocket for those kind of features if I wanted them. Both the wheelchair eval guy in my occupational therapist both agreed that my insurance would not touch these extras. I don't think I have the 4000 kicking around to be able to add these features to my device. I can live without the 8 miles an hour. I pretty much learn how to cope with six. 6 miles an hour is not as fast as I would like but it's working for me. So now it's just a matter of how much skill Casey and Brian have about putting together a document of need which will be believable and swallowed by my providers. It seems a pretty big rabbit to pull out of a hat but stranger things have happened.

While I was at the physical therapy center TOSH I had Casey look at my butt. Last night as I was applying lotion to my butt, the last thing I do before I go to bed. I noticed what I thought was a scab on my left butt cheek. A wound! It felt myself rocking in my chair the last couple days and was a little worried that this was maybe doing some shearing of one sort or another. I really want to have Honey look at it and she was here showering me but that did not happen. I really wish I talked her into applying a Band-Aid or dressing of some sort. Casey let me know that it was a wound and we begin looking at my cushion. It seems my cushion has been built up With these plastic wedges forcing my weight onto my left hip and make it wear against the skin. Casey took the wedges out and felt that by doing so my wound would have the weight taking off And begin the healing process. Casey was totally believable. So I hope with the weight off, with me continually doing weight adjustments and with Honey coming tomorrow to do the showering that we can also apply some tape to the wound which it believes will greatly help the healing process. I sure as heck did not want the wound.


Tomorrow is a DRAC meetingAnd I'm choosing not to go. Instead I'm going to have coffee with my friend Lori over at the community college. It seems to me coffee with Lori is much better than sitting by myself somewhere because the meeting was changed.

No comments: