Friday, August 04, 2017

Sweet Child Of Mine




I don't know what I was looking for, but for one reason or another I happen to trip across this video I took three years ago I titled Ice cream Dancer. The tag on the video says it was published in 2014 which would make it just three years ago and I cannot believe it was just three years ago. It must've been earlier and I just published a three years ago but no I think that's the published date the actual date.


I know I was still working with the state at Access Utah at this point in time. This was before my time with 211 and before my stenosis operations which is why it does not make sense to me. It feels like it should be more like 2010 2011 or even 2013. I remember distinctly I had taken off at lunch to wander downtown. In this square down by the building which I worked at – – okay this was taken maybe 2013 2014 I will grant it that. I'd come down from the big building at 211/United Way and the gone over to the Plaza where I knew they were having entertainment at lunch hour every day through the summer. Today, a major dairy producer was providing free ice cream to anyone who stop by and somebody had a music sound system going on. There really was a carnival feeling to the Plaza this day. While I was sitting there this guy just stepped out of the crowd and started dancing to the music which is being played. I was kind of dumbfounded And very entertained. I watched this fellow closely to see if he was intoxicated which he was not, I want to see if there was any kind of drug euphoria he may have been under and I could not tell but I do not think that he was. He was just a guy who was taken over by the music and granted may have some exhibitionistic qualities as he was certainly put not display for everyone. He did it was such panache and finesse that anything else was overlooked at least by me I was caught up in the moment and wished I had some of the freedom that this dancer seemed to enjoy. One can tell by just observing dancer that he was in the moment – – this was his moment. The day was hot and I cannot remember whether it was late July or early August but is definitely hot summer days like today is. I came across this video today while I was searching for another video to show my friend Lori at coffee. And tagged my brain to go back and watch it when I got home to the big computer.I've often wondered what happened to Dancer and hoped that wherever Dancer was that he was not incarcerated for whatever reason. In fact, I hope he's in another state of this union is not of mind. I would like to set down and visited with him. I'm sure we would have a conversation that when I asked him what he was doing he would've looked at me like I had three heads and said “what you mean? I'm Just enjoying the music on this hot summer day”. There is no doubt in my mind that he was and I hope that were ever Dancer is this August 2017 that is still listening to the music wherever that music might be in dancing and being “… Sweet Child of mine”

No comments: