Saturday, August 26, 2017

Saturday Night Musings



There are times when I really miss the house, I almost said “ my house”. The house on Utahna, the place where the last 20 some yearsThe Utahna house is a nice house. I like just about everything about the house.Don't get me wrong there are things about the house I don't like but most of all I like the place. I like the brick exterior, I like the hardwood floors. We exposed the floors After we moved in seems like it was a year or so. There was a dingy rug that carpeted the whole house boy that was good to get rid of. I love the accessible bathroom and shower And even the bedroom which is made for me after my stenosis operations but I can no longer go down to the master bedroom. I love the master bedroom – – I love the way we made a ramp down to two steps to the bedroom. I love the left room with a homemade grab bar and shower bench I could transfer into from my manual chair And enjoy the shower. We never got grab bars but in the shower which makes you feel bad. I miss that shower space even now. I love the storage area in the space going down to the bedroom. I loved all the cans we had stored there for many meals. There were many meals we never had from those cans. This makes you feel hollow and set for meals missed, the meals which could havve been. I love the lowered counterspace, And lowered sink– – I almost let that sink most of all except for the range, the gas range we put in for me to cook on gosh, that was great. I love the great stainless steel fridge raider freezer and the matching heavy-duty washer and dryer. I even love the storage area about the closets and master bedroom even though I cannot use them – – they may be feel rich. I loved the deck Entry which became The diseased and had cut down and the backyard. I loved the garage With my little shop and the concrete besides the garage in the back area – – like the back porch. We never did get around to build a ramp from the deck to the concrete platform but the possibility was wonderful.

It's probably 1000 more things that didn't mention that I love about the house but it's gone at least for me. I'm pleased that Dianne is still there for however long she can stay there. I just hate that Dianne has to stay there alone. However, my new life is good and I love my apartment at the end of the hall next to the exit doors which lead to parking area with a secret door (that's what I call it, it's a door that actually opens up to Redwood Road and the bus stop). I have a remote that I carry in my backpack which will open the door. I can exit and enter via that entrance or door without anybody else noticing. Not that anyone care, just makes me feel secret. I have my own van parked out it if I could get a decent price. Really, I need to get rid of that piece of junk is an albatross around my neck. It's ridiculous I have carried it this far. I have tomatoes and garden space. The Tomatoes are green, but huge by my standards.. The tomatoes ripen soon and I am excited.


I'm doing okay this Saturday night just a little melancholy and missing my old place.

No comments: