Sunday, May 27, 2018

A Butt To Sit On



Typical just typical the holiday weekend and it feels like I'm coming down with a pressure sore, butt wound as a result from my stupid power chair and most specifically my stupid cushion. And actually it's probably just stupid me as I don't have the balls stay off my butt like a good cripples should. I don't know why it is so hard for me to stay in bed especially when I know that by doing so I may prevent more serious damage to my poor benighted butt. I'm afraid of missing out. Not enjoying the day or more specifically having to “enjoy” the day from my bed. I just go crazy laying in bed watching the day in my life go by. The sad thing about my life is that I really not do anything anyway by sitting up in my chair. I'm able to work on my computer play on the Internet but I could do that from my bed sort of. I just do everything better sitting up. I'm hoping that the skin is not breaking down as much as the skin in the of a good scrubbing. The weekends or my challenge since I have to go today's without a shower. I've noticed many times on the Sundays that skin is hurting like I have a breakdown but accepting it's just the skin need to be scrubbed. But crossing my fingers and hoping that's what the issue is and tomorrow with the visiting of Dana, my home health worker, who gives a great but scrubbed but do so and I'll be feeling better. I still well take care to not do too much tomorrow to try to give my skin a rest.

It's crazy I know but sometimes I look at all the people walking around and you know they have great butts. They can do anything they want they can set anywhere they want, for as long as they want and not even get tired butt. Not me, it is gotten so I have to watch everything that I do especially going anywhere my power chair. The rocking motion wears on my butt and I think challenges my skin. I try to do press releases anyway that I can, and sometimes that helps, I pray for the magic bullet cushion that someday I will find which will allow me to sit for as long as I was like and not experienced skin breakdown. I can deal with tired but but I can't do skin breakdown. That really is the gateway to the end for many people with spinal cord injury. That would just love to enjoy the holiday free of any skin issues or any other issues that matter.

But seriously after writing all this I am thankful to be where I'm at and doing what I'm doing at the level I'm doing. I am most likely my own worst enemy and must work at taking better care of myself. I don't want to leave myself without a butt to sit on .

No comments: