Tuesday, May 15, 2018

NO2



A year ago I didn't even know about nitrous oxide, oh, I knew about nitrous oxide or laughing gas. I heard many people talk about it and the effects of nitrous oxide but I pretty much just blew it all away. I chose not to know about NO2. Actually, I don't think Drew (my dentist until last year when he retired) use nitrous oxide at least he never offered it to me. It was one I found my new dentist here in the neighborhood that I have my first experience with the gas.

It's not like I was stressed or anything. I was presenting myself in an emergency situation, one of my teeth broken and I was sort of traumatized – – not in any pain but was frightened as soon would be. Maybe that is why Dr. Alan offered me the gaseous opportunity. I did not know what to expect, laughing gas or nitrous oxide it seemed so radical. The dental tech placed the cannula over my nose and told me to breathe. I did. It's not what I expected. I expected some campy experience as illustrated in the 1950s movies about using marijuana and other drugs. I didn't burst out laughing or feel humorous or anything like that. I started queuing and on all the conversations going on in the dentist's office. Dr. Alan runs pretty busy office and their is always lots of talking going on. It was weird I thought, I could hear a conversation going on all the way across the office. I felt like I had Superman ears. I also started really deep breathing to the point where I must've sounded strange because the dental tech stopped what she was doing came over and told me not to be so deeply – – that didn't stop me. I expanded my lungs each inhale felt like I was sucking the air out of the room are out of the tube in my nose and of whatever it was connected to on the other end. I have a secret feeling that I was really cute and funny. I tried to make conversation with the people around me but it was as if I had turned invisible. It was a good thing I was strongly tethered to my body because I was on the brink of an out of body experience. Sadly, I did not experience an OBE but I felt that I was going to soon. Soon after they started to nitrous oxide, Dr. Alan came over shot up my mouth with the needle. I hardly even cared I liked the nitrous oxide and I can't believe and not experienced this compound my entire life. I was fascinated with whatever Dr. Alan saying. In fact today is actually engaged in conversation with me which was pretty stupid I don't think I was too coherent. Dr. Allen said something about how old I was in the Vietnam War and boy I took off off from there. I rattled on about how thankful I was to have my accident and the fact that my accident excuse me from Vietnam and other choices that was producing minor anxiety in those days of yore. The doctor agreed with whatever I was babbling. Somewhere along the line I started getting paranoid thinking the Doc had stopped listening . But then he would key into something or say something that made me realize he was right on every word I was saying. I got lost another conversation he was having primarily with himself about how he was remodeling his cabin and he wanted just perfect but he couldn't find craftsman to do the work facility was going to have to do it himself he was ever going to fully enjoy his property. I kept looking up and see the hairs in his nose and thinking boys is this guy a Republican or what? Then I would forget that thought and refocus on inhaling.

I should've been thinking about, three cavities, I'm continuing to dig my self in debt, I've got it fixed with the front desk. The bank is paying my monthly belt direct to the dark right out of my account. 200 bucks every month. I'm never going to get out of debt but that's okay as long as I can come to the dentist office and hang out the cool kids who control the nitrous oxide.

No comments: