Sunday, May 20, 2018

Just Be proactive…Just Be proactive…Just Be proactive… Think Dory



My little brother called today. It's hard to think of Paul being in my little brother now that we're all grown up. He is five years younger than me which makes him 62 which is totally unbelievable. Anyway, Paul is being responsible and following up to make sure that family reunions and track. To the best of my knowledge the reunion is on track and scheduled to happen on the weekend of the eighth and ninth of June! That is like three weeks? Paul want to make sure I would be able to get to and from anything been scheduled. On Friday before the Saturday event, tradition has the family gathering at a restaurant typesetting. Typically it is a buffet. We go that route because it's the easiest thing to do. Everyone feeds themselves it's a good selection buffet and it is a buffet which means it is an all you can eat situation and everyone likes that… Don't they? Quite frankly, I've been a bit worried how I was going to get around for these events.

The van I own is currently not licensed neither does the van have insurance. I told Paul that I would get to work on getting the vehicle registered and insured for the upcoming event. I really need to do this partially because of the memo that one out to all the doors at the apartment complex about unregistered vehicles in the parking lot of the building. Nothing's been done or said to me about my vehicle be an unlicensed but ensure their thinking about it. I've been thinking since the call. Besides the stress of trying to get this done before the event is going to be the cost. I don't get a cost 100 bucks at least to take it to the cousin's and have him check it out and safety inspectors and emissions plus whatever I choose to insure whether for a week a month or year that is going to cost. So I can be taught and easy to 300 bucks at a minimum. So, I've been thinking why register the vehicle at all? I would be wiser and less expense if I just use a portion of what it would cost to register the vehicle and insure it and just use the local taxicab service to go to return. Even if the cost for this was over 100 bucks I would still be ahead of the game. I may not be as convenient as people may desire but I'll probably be okay. After all, was that not the plan when they had me get the park next to my building? I be able to just roll across the yard and be at the reunion.

So it seems to me, if there is an event on Friday evening, which I'm sure there will be all just have to engage Ute cab which actually has a wheelchair accessible vehicle to get me to and from the event even if I have to pay fair market market price all is good. Now, what I need to do is make arrangements with the Company to make sure, beyond all doubt, that I will have a vehicle secured for me even if I have to rent t the cab to reserve that vehicle that is what I'm going to do to be proactive.



No comments: