Monday, May 14, 2018

More Patience … More Virtue



I call this my flying saucer lamp. Can you believe I got it from the “sharing shelf”. That place in the Common Room at the front of the building where folks can leave items they no longer need or want. The lamp was there one morning and I grabbed it as soon as I saw it. I drove home to my apartment places on my desk where the land has resided ever sense. The lamp is much heavier then it appears. My lamp really could be tagged exhibit in a murder trial. I like everything about this lamp, perhaps, the brass pipes, glass plate and dome with a halogen light bulb whose intensity I can adjust by turning the knob at the base of the lamp. A couple of months ago the bulb burned out, at least I think the bulb burnt out whatever happened the left no longer lights up costing me minor distress. Luckily, I had another lamp on my desk which I rarely used. I scooted the flying saucer over, plugged in the backup lamp which is worked fairly well. However, want to get back to using the flying saucer.

The problem with having adequate backups is that when the backups work it takes the stress off of fixing whatever is wrong because you getting by. I finally one morning was motivated to change the lightbulb. I have never looked under the saucer portion of the lamp and did not realize that the lightbulb was a halogen and that there was a glass cover over (or in this case) under the lightbulb. Three tiny screws fixed a little piece of glass to the bottom. Boy I thought that was stupid. I couldn't unscrew the little guys of course which means I have to wait till somebody with anybody hands can come over and unscrew the tiny screws and pop out the bulb. I think my son, Mark Anthony, was visiting one evening, dropping off orange juice and purchased to support the granddaughter's fundraising project. It was difficult but Mark Anthony managed to free the glass plate off of the Lamp. I was going to leave the class played off but was informed that I had to keep it on because its function is to protect the user from vicious rays emitting from the light bulb, when the lamp works. Unbelievable.

I of course was quite bruised about getting another lamp bulb, but I misplaced it is for a week or so, I thought I would take the easy route and find the replacement bulb on the Internet but I was unsure what wattage to get it all the other little things that can go wrong when you don't know anything at all about what you are ordering. And again, the backup lamp is in working very well. Well, I found the lightbulb's type it into my shoulder pack and picked today is the day I would find the replacement. I tried the market across the street from my apartment and of course they had everything but that. My next stop was going to be the Walmart down the street I thought I'd stop at the little polygamist store almost across the street from my apartment's and their I did find exactly what I needed. I cannot believe I didn't go there first and make this whole project so hard. The project isn't done yet by any means. Now, I must, once again find someone who will unscrew the glass plate insert the bulb and then screw the plate back in place. Who knows how long this will take?.

No comments: