Wednesday, May 23, 2018




I'm so excited! I'm writing this post on my new laptop – – actually of course, I must clarify my statement by indicating it is not a new system just new to me. I'm so fortunate, my son works at a place where they heavily use information technology i.e. computers, laptops and everything else. Occasionally like most places they get rid of their equipment and when that happens that equipment is offered to employees before traditionally going out to the public. For once in my life I have connections that pay off for me. I don't mean that to sound like I'm better than anybody else it's just that for once I might be coming out ahead. I was able to get this little systematic insanely low price that even if it does not work in certainly worth a crap shoot the layout to see if it works for me which I think it well. It's not that I can even justify it I'm already computer heavy with my big desktop which I do love as well as a small tablet and my cell phone. Both the tablet in the cell phone have really decent speech to text software which means I can dictate anywhere I go but it's just nice to have access to a laptop computer again and be able to drag it around and be productive and other places. I don't know if I'm going to do that with this little system but for writing this computer is going to work just fine.I kind of feel bad because my big desktop is across the room listening to everything I've said as I dictate. It's sounded off a couple times trying to get my attention… I almost feel bad. I'm sure I will continue to use the big system to write with but I'm just amazed at how well this little Dell system is hearing what I'm saying.

I was a little concerned when I took control of this system after Mark Anthony left for the evening. He spent a good hour and a half “tuning up” the system to meet my specific needs. After he left was late and mesed with the system a little bit when I tried to use the word processor the printing was so small I can barely read what I'd written – – I was really beginning to get my usual case of buyer's remorse however I went into settings and fiddled around there and soon I'd gotten the words large enough that I could easily see and read what I was writing. Now I just need to do that all way through the system. The system has drawbacks I suppose if you call them drawbacks. I think the speakers might be a little funky and they don't have a very strong video card which is okay I don't want spend a lot of time on video anyway I waste too much time as it is on YouTube and the like. So, barring anything unforeseen I'm quite pleased with my new system but stay tuned you know me I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

No comments: