Saturday, May 19, 2018

Transcription



I recently returned from a rollaround my neighborhood. This is the first real rollaround I've done this summer season though it's hardly yet summer by a long shot today was nice and warm full of sun and anticipation. Truth be told I did not get out in the good weather I stayed in and worked on a project for a friend. I filled my morning and afternoon with the transcription of an interview she did for her work. She is a writer and professional tutor working at local committee college. She had been quite busy of late and had a difficult time getting to this transcription so I volunteered. I was interested to see if I can transcribe the document with my talk to text (TTT) software I have on various pieces of equipment that I use on a regular basis.

The project and it has been a project has been somewhat stimulating. Our first challenge was getting me the file so I could do the transcription. The document was to large for regular for regular transit via email so we had to figure out another approach. I know there's a way is sending large files but I cannot remember the process and my friend was interested in going through Dropbox. I forgot and even been on dropbox (which kind of spooks me a little, that I forgot so completely my involvement with Dropbox). In fact, once I got into Dropbox I remembered that the reason I got out was that I had completely filled up the free space Dropbox gives people which is actually quite a bit of space. I felt my space with images that I have been looking at other places. I have to delete enough room to fit my friends interview on to my Dropbox – – I decided scour the the entire account and start new. Late in the evening yesterday I was able to get the file and open it to my three devices computer, cell phone and tablet. I was totally excited. It was late and I decided to crash after visiting with my friend on the text.

I really wasn't going to spend my day transcribing but once I figured out the process and how I would do it I figured why not? I did a little, to begin the project and found that I actually transcribed listening to the audio file then repeating into my device which take the audio and transcribe it in my word processor. I did the whole interview and it took all afternoon. I took the file and save the work in two formats. One in OpenOffice which I do most of my writing and any other is a rich text file or R T F. I'm a little embarrassed because the project I sent her is pretty chaotic. I am actually surprised at how well I did the transcription and I just transcribed the input from the interviewee (as my friend stipulated) start document was multiple pages. I want her to get the data as soon as possible and I will certainly help clean up the mess if she desires.

The evening was cool but I did my rollaround not yet hot as what happened in the summer and the heat becomes almost unbearable but enjoyable for me in the evenings for rollaround's and reading poetry naked in the night.

7 comments:

anonymous said...

Keep enjoying!

Jessie E. Baker said...

An occasion of the Easter is great for the general population who know better that how to praise it and this site provide useful info. You can praise it with your companions.

Anonymous said...

While you are into something which you cannot identify then the transcription is there to help you out to to know about it. on this website to get more tips and helpful guide on research papers writing.

Soga said...

There is the area of the success with the help of which you can find the best techniques for the better pattern. You can also see the new followers from this section and can follow the link in the great time which is a good thing.

Roy said...

Wonderful post, Piles of countries depend upon sea base and try to keep up their economy rate. A couple of countries know the force of the sea and attempt to fortify this http://www.professionalvoicemail.net/professional-voicemail-greeting-services/business-voicemail-greetings-services/ site You can look at the world you will grasp the entire position.

haris said...

Your this project can inspire others in bets ways. I always appreciate people who put efforts in their work with zeal. Like http://www.besttypingservices.net/typing-services-online-canada/ you will be able to find solution of every problem.

Sebastian said...

I have been reading your posts regularly. I need to say that you are doing a fantastic job.
Please keep up the great work.
Interview Transcription