Friday, May 04, 2018

Perhaps A Reason To Be



I got the girls letters off tI I plan on me… Is a willhis morning. The letters should have gone yesterday but I just did not get the documents printed and corrected sealed and stamped in time. I'm never quite sure the postman gets the mailboxes upfront the time varies with the post person. I thought I had missed the mail person today but luckily I caught him in the bathroom– – I'm sure our apartment complex is the best bathroom on his route. Sometimes the postal-person spends up to 30 minutes in there.

I continue to write my granddaughters (two of my granddaughters) at the first of each month. I've been doing this for years now. It's a commitment I take pretty seriously. I'm sure by now, the girls think the granddad is wacko. I think the two dollars and close with each letter is almost a nuisance. Sort of like the pen with the praying hands are used to get from my grandparents every Christmas a little annoying. It's not like I would ever use the pen of public except for a gag but I used whip out the writing device and hold it out in front of me like it was a cross and I was warding off vampires. I use the device to ward off Christians and holier than thou Mormons when was in junior high. It's kind of worked none of those folks ever bit me. I'm sure I would've crushed by grandparents feeling that they know how disrespectful I had been with their gift. My grandparents, my father's side, were members of the Salvation Army (S A). By grandparents, the Smiths, lived in Canada we saw these grandparents infrequently. They took their religion very seriously probably asked serious the religion of my mother is parents – – Mormonism.

I can tell if my grandfather and grandmother, on either side, wrote me once a month I would probably be as interested as my granddaughters are my documents. I'm banking, not seriously, on them maybe taking an interest in the documents of the later date probably right after I drop dead. That's okay because like my blog my letters are for me. Their discipline their proof that I can stick to something the matter how tedious that something might be. I'm finding really kind of interesting is that I have to other granddaughters actually three that I could be/should be writing to. Two of which I might start soon just because the granddaughters are older and are interested in me because I'm kind of weird, I think. They are my granddaughters by marriage. They are off on their own lives now living all the way across the country in Utah in North Carolina. I have begun visiting them on Facebook Chat it is quite rewarding communicating with the girls as adults. This is not the first time I've communicated with them via the written word in the stamped envelope. I wrote them monthly while they were out on the missions. So, this is not the new to them or me. I would be the grandparent with a good buffer zone, no visits for me to be wary of, they would be safe.

Selfishly, I enjoy having a reason to write many it reinforces in me a reason to be…

No comments: