Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Say "Cheese"



Finally the weather is warming, the spring is giving away this summer and still we've only had a couple of fairly hot days I can now since the hot days are very close I live for the hot days as hot as I can get them. I curse the bus drivers return the air-conditioners of the high making me suffer through my Trips on Public Transit. I force myself to remember to take some sort of blanket or wrap because I know if I go to a movie my teeth will be chattering all through the feature. I turn off the air-conditioning in my apartment and open my windows finally this is my time. 

I have mentioned before the housing complex than I live in, is adjacent to Taylorsville city park. I cannot believe how fortunate I am to be living next to a part. Part of that part is that skateboard facility referred to as basically the skateboard park. The skateboard park is pretty large for free facility. So, of course the skateboard park is inundated with kids. This of course is not a surprise just a fact. Most of those kids are adolescents. The sign on the skateboard park indicates the park will be closed at 10 p.m. There is no enforcement that I've seen in the many months I've lived at this facility. It's just the fact, before I get carried away and must bring myself back to the fact the adolescent zeal of enjoying skateboard park is not what I'm writing about.

The skateboard park is nestled in the center of a number of very large man-made hills which is kind of fun for me to drive my chair up and get a glimpse of the neighborhood from the height this affords. A couple weeks ago there is a very nice warm storm mainly wind, a little lightning and a very definite threat of rain I was out on the top of one of the hills, enjoying the natural process all around, lying back in my chair just enjoying the moment. I do not know what drew my attention to the light poles around the park maybe it was because the lights were not on in the surroundings were pretty dark anyway that's when I noticed the array of cameras on the side of this pole. I was blown away. There must've been at least four cameras that I can see right off. I will not say this is overkill but surely it seems to be my family would've sufficed. Perhaps, multiple agencies governmental and otherwise access these cameras. In this day of any number of terror and catastrophe maybe surveillance is the name of the game. I know this zone I live in can be fairly challenging. I am the one who calls this community bullet-ville, sirens out on Redwood road seemed to run day and night. Perhaps the additional eyes will make my little park and apartments just a little bit safer. I guess it's worth the trade-off. I would like to know who's on the other end of the camera and who's really watching and what are they really watching for?

No comments: