Friday, May 25, 2018

SDB



I have so many self-defeating behaviors I find it difficult to isolate one from the other sometimes. Sometimes these are are subtle to the pointhe behavior ends up taking up all of my time. On my new/old computer/laptop in the program open office which I used to write for some reason the screen is essentially cut itself the path. I don't know why this frustrates me so much but for the past day and a half I have been trying to find a solution to the point where nothing else is getting done. The silly part is with the amount the screen I have available I can write just fine. But I want to see the whole page in the screen does not let me do that. I've done a little bit of research and I have a call out to my son who is my usual go to person for such issues. I texted him this morning to say if he could give me a fast solution and he gave me an idea but I don't think it's the problem as I understand it. I may just have to harangue him until he drops by it looks at the issue. However, as I indicated earlier I can use this system just fine with the shortened space available which allows 13 to 14 lines of text to be seen once as opposed to more like 24 to 26 lines which is getting closer to a amount of page that I traditionally work.. This short space just means I will have to scroll more to read what I have written.

This is not new to me. This is happened to me before I can't remember exactly what happened or my solution (which if I did I would not be in such a quandary). Mark Anthony suggested my screen was caught and “tablet” mode which I was kind of hoping the solution to be but so far I have not been able to see if that's the problem. It would seem to me if my laptop was in tablet mode this half image phenomenon would generalize itself to all pages I'd be looking at and so far I see the half screen in primarily Open Office. I need to begin my workout regimen and then I'm going to be visiting with my buddy, David Allen who is coming to Salt Lake on a visit to his home in Blackfoot. I don't know when I'll get back to resolving the issue of how screen OpenOffice but it's nice to just sit and write and get past my blockage that I was letting happen, overcoming my self-defeating behavior.

BREAKING NEWS!!

Not long after writing the first of this post I was contacted by my old boss David that he was coming through town on his way to Blackfoot, Idaho and wanted to know if he could stop by for an hour or so which of course I demanded that he stopped by. This was a quick visit we stated my apartment didn't go out to eat or anything just had a great visit. He's on his way home spends time with his mom but a nice lad. Too good to be on the cusp of a holiday weekend. I was good ago by fresh coffee but figured I can wait till tomorrow by deftly want to get some pro-holiday and for the beginning of summer.


No comments: