Friday, May 11, 2018

Shut My Mouth



I have never worried about my weight as much as I have this last year. In fact, really only this year about really started markedly focused on weight reduction. I'm fortunate that my home health person also works diligently on her weight. In fact she is quite committed to Weight Watchers program. She is even given me some of her old literature about the program and about the program strategies and options. Faithful readers of this blog is aware of my weight watchers involvement. The programs okay I just have a hard time keeping track of the numbers or values of food options. I found limiting myself to 1800 cal a day much easier than tracking food values. This drives my home health person, Dana crazy but tracking the calories works for me, kind of.

I never worried about my weight in fact I didn't really think about how much I weigh critically until seventh-grade I started wrestling. Wrestling is really the only sport I really halfway excelled at. I did not necessarily like wrestling except for wrestling allowed me to identify with my older brother Carl that wrestled in high school and was my idol growing up. I really want to be like him in always. In wrestling one wrestles their weight. So it is imperative to wrestle under your weight as much is possible giving you the advantage of being just a little heavier than your opponent. Our wrestling matches were on Thursday nights, weigh in was on Wednesdays at wrestling practice. So on Tuesdays and Wednesdays prior to weigh in we wrestlers to the to shed weight. The coach says in her desperate you can spit a pound off in the day before weigh in. I don't know how valid that is but it would not surprise me you had a budget adolescence spitting outside the Fieldhouse for an hour before stepping on scales Wednesday evening. Some days the coach what have us work under the mat cover. Working under the mat cover meant un doing the cover of the match a heavy piece of canvas that stretched over the soft mats on which we wrestled then getting under the mat cover and then work out doing various wrestling moves for five minutes while the rest of the team sat around the edges of the mat cover making the seal. The five minutes seemed an eternity and it was hot, steamy from adolescent sweat but it seemed to work. Some folks lost as much as 2 pounds to make weight in the two hour.

I can't do that now, I put on weight which seems impossible to lose. This morning when I weighed after my shower I had gained probably 2 pounds since last week. I sort of lost control this last week eating potato chips, cookies with frosting, heavy bread peanut in the Shell and have a bag of waters I got from the food bank. There is also a piece of lemon meringue pie, sausage gravy and biscuits, red licorice and who knows what else. I totally sabotaged myself this last week but it's hard to go without the food you love. I am over 100 kg now and that is not good. I'm going to try another week to see what I can do. I can do this I just have to keep my mouth closed, but got stop stuffing my pie hole with pie.

No comments: