Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Meat Day




I was worried I was going to be in pain all day. I wasn't sure if I had developed a pressure sore I was hoping I was just feeling the result of not having bathed in today's. Hygiene can be an issue and actually cause pain when good hygiene cannot be practiced independently. Since I cannot transfer myself into the shower out independently I must wait for my health care person. Well that was pretty magical thinking on my part that hygiene was the problem. This morning when I had Dana check my undercarriage and examined for skin breakdown indeed she did find some—not total breakdown no bleeding per se but that layer of epidermis was definitely worn through and in jeopardy of becoming a full skin breakdown. I think we caught the wounded time and I Dana dress the wound with our special “special skin” tape in my butt has felt better all day. I still and focused on trying to ea zing the weight I am subjecting my butt to but my day felt a lot better than I thought it was going to thanks today Dana. I'm so committed to getting my wound to heal that I even laid down this afternoon for an hour or so. I never laid down during the day. I think this is going to be a new part of my game plan. I am not sure how much I like it but this is what I need to do.

Since it was a holiday today I played like it was the holiday for me. I went to the market and shopped. I want to make a holiday meal and I decided on hamburger fritters I think that's what they're called essentially there meatloaf patties (I thought about making a whole meatloaf but that's not what I wanted to day). I needed a green pepper and off I went. I of course over purchased but it was fun and maybe feel like a holiday. Yesterday, I was trying to put a bargain steak in the freezer and a pound of hamburger roll out. I also took a small steak which had been hiding the back of the freezer. I was committed to have this steak and the hamburger fritters as part of my holiday meal.

I was pleased with how quickly the meal came together. I used my new slicer to process the green pepper and onion for the meatloaf. I was totally surprised that hamburger buns I'd gotten from the food bank at least four weeks ago was still okay, I mean there's no green patches of mold decorating the round pieces of bread. Granted the buns were a bit dry but not totally and yes I've tasted fresher pieces of bread but it was not bad especially for use in cooking it turned out all right.

I did not have a cookout the weather wasn't right for it anyway but I had a cook in which was actually more fun in a lot of ways. I still have got dinner to put away and dishes to put in the sink for cleaning tomorrow and people in text finish off a pretty good Memorial Day… Hope yours was as good.


No comments: