Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Another Senior Moment



I don't know what threw me off today but something did. It might have been my weekly call into the private nonprofit I sit on a volunteer board for. I call him every Tuesday to see if they are going to convene a board and they did not this week which essentially frees up my day. It could've been an email/text I got from my friend Lori asking if I was going to the DRAC meeting today. I of course forgot all about the meeting and the postcard I received informing me about the meeting had dropped to the floor. I thought sure the meeting was next week. But I got to thinking about the postcard and when I picked postcard off the floor and read it and it said sure enough there is to be a planning meeting “today”. I stuck it in the back of my mind 052318. Had not really planned on a trip out but I figured I better go. I fiddled around apartment hanging up clothes, making coffee and making a breakfast. I read a chapter in my novel, I did a word puzzle (a cryptic quote)-got my daughter's birthday card into the mail. So I was productive. I wish I had the time to work out with my arm bike but there was just not enough time.

I mentioned I made good time getting into the housing authority. I had to keep telling myself there would be some kind of a meal served usually sandwich and potato chips but that counts. I would've liked to have stopped that one of the restaurants in the area and grabbed a lunch. But I was going to eat the meal provided. I knew I was early but that's okay I figured I'd just wait and work on poetry reading. This is what I did, we meet in a board room in the basement of the housing authority Salt Lake County. It's not the fanciest place in world but they don't charge and certainly has enough room for everyone. I waited an hour quietly in the hall outside the boardroom. Nobody came I waited 15 minutes past the established time. If there is to be a board meeting somebody would've been there but there was no trace of anyone. I was kind of pissed but that's okay I have time to work on my poetry and head back home. No loss, it's not like you have anything important to do. I grabbed a bite to eat this I was eating I started processing. I remembered I had dressed myself and if I dressed myself it was not Wednesday so today had to be Tuesday and in fact it is Tuesday the 22nd!! Sure enough tomorrow is the DRAC meeting. I did not miss the meeting the meeting had not taken place yet I was so proactive I was a whole day early. I must admit, this admission to myself kind of frightened me. Could this be more than a senior moment or was it just a senior moment. Had my friends question so throw me off that I didn't see the date of what I did see was I guess what I wanted to see that being today was the day of the meeting. That still is fairly spooky to me that I let something like that happen.

Things I would've done or  I was thinking of doing was taking the bus to a furniture mill and see about getting one or two pieces of scrap that I can use to fashion hooks . In the same vein I could've gone to Home Depot or Lowe's and purchased some wood and had them cut the piece (S) I needed but then I would have to pay for the wood. This would certainly be a lot easier then all of the hassle I have gone through so far.. I guess I'm just in love with the idea of getting the wood for free. Luckily I got everything done I needed to have done before this fiasco happened. Again, I write the whole event off a rehearsal tomorrow. Let's just hope that's all it is.

No comments: