Monday, February 04, 2019

As Good As The Real Thing



Today is my mom and dad's anniversary and I think if I did the math and am not totally sure about exactly what year they were married in but I do know it was some wear extremely close to when they adopted me which would've been in February 1951 (near as I can tell and that would be a whole blog posting in of itself) so one where the other I think would be safe in saying it would be to their 67th or 68 anniversary. Both were divorcees when they met both bringing children into the relationship.

These are the only parents I've ever known, I like a bizarre statement but as you all know i'm adopted kid. It's funny but her and adopted person you have no allegiance to your parents may be more than regular kids. After all, these people who adopted you really wanted you, they had a choice. In my case my adoption was never kept for me. Granted, they did not wish me to find my birth parents nor did I think they told me the whole truth regarding my birth parents. I figured out a lot of stuff along the way and even though I was told they did not know who my birth parents were released mother they actually did. And that's okay I understand or I think I understand.

My parents never thought, not really. It's not like they talked a lot I but I genuinely think they liked each other and both sacrificed a lot I think to stay with each other. I think my dad would like to of been big-time rancher or farmer. But he ended up with a small acreage and seemed relatively happy. My mom I think want kids probably above all else and she was willing to do what you had to have her case adoption one or the other to bring that about and she did in the and having 10 children +1 didn't make it in this world but theoretically will be there in the next. Perhaps the bonding of my parents that kept them together was there enduring faith in the Mormon religion and all that it promises particularly on the internal level.

What I like best about my parents, both of whom endured not only world wars, the depression and unscrupulous people is that they always liked each other, genuinely. Even though my dad made fairly decent money as a sheet metal worker/union worker it didn't seem like much with as many kids in our family as there were. They always remembered each other's birthdays, anniversaries and other gifting dates happily. My parents went out of their way to be creative and think of humorous gifts for each other over the years: boxes with inboxes and bows with in bows. My mother always made stews out of cans in the pantry. My dad loved her stews. My dad loved bread and milk and mom always kept a huge pan on top of the refrigerator full of old bread dry and hard ready for milk. Cornbread and homemade bread retreats for my dad made by my mom.

By everything I can tell I think my parents truly loved each other. It took them a while to find each other and I'm glad he did the most will I'm glad they found me in is that selfish but that's the way I am…

No comments: