Friday, February 01, 2019

Zoom Zoom!





I am really beginning to be concerned about repeating myself in this document. I really shouldn't worry about it to the extent that I do sense no one reads it actually with perhaps three or four people and I doubt they've read this blog from its beginning. So I shouldn't worry about repeating myself time to time. Even then I don't think it's a complete repeat.

Yesterday I stopped at the rehab facility I went to after my second stenosis operation a couple of years ago. Great people there and I enjoyed spending time with my OT in PT person briefly yesterday afternoon. In our conversation I talked about my frustration, confusion and anger when the manual wheelchair I had worked so hard to get is totally opposite from what I had ordered.I could just cried I was so frustrated. But that is not what this blog today is about.

I want to zoom, I zoom zoom in my manual wheelchair. I do scoot across the floor like a breeze, like the paras do. I think it broke my heart when I finally realized that I was never going to be able to zoom zoom like the paras. I guess it takes a special muscle structure to propel oneself in these lightweight chairs. I had some in the time I've been disabled it's not the chair it's the person. This desire to zoom zoom was all before my stenosis operations a couple years ago. Now is not the ghost of a chance, hell I be happy just to be able to push myself in a manual chair if I had a manual chair to push. I still have my manual chair which broke on me I think in 2013 your something like that which started the whole heartbreaking outlined above. I don't get in that chair very much which is kind of a shame I need to just from the weight standpoint to try to lose some pounds or kilos since the scales I use is all in kilos.

If I had all the money in the world, or a lot more money than I have now, and I know I could order a chair exactly like I wanted I would order a chair like the one I have now sitting in the corner but it would be brand-new. It had all the space in the world like a rich man has a six car garage, I would have a manual chair that would be easy to push – – even though I know I could not zoom zoom it would still make me feel cool and perhaps give to those who are looking on the allusion that I might be able to zoom zoom if I really wanted to. Pulling off fat hoax would sure be fun.

It's hard to believe, sitting here now in the dead of winter, that each day brings me closer to another spring and summer. I'm kind of thinking that this warm period dry season I will do one final push in the manual chair that I have to see if I can drop some weight and get a little more exercise go over to the park and push along sidewalks and close my eyes and pretend that I am zoom zooming.

No comments: