Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Pine-Sol Wednesday



Nothing completes the illusion of cleanliness more than rolling in to the apartment and smelling Pine-Sol. My cleaning lady finally was able to show up for work today. She's been quite ill for the last couple weeks and that they got back in the saddle and was over to my place for some cleaning. Maggie's great! Maggie used to be my home health provider. She assisted me in using the bathroom and then later my shower at the house – – when I still lived in the house. Maggie is older than I am and I'm very old. I think she said she was 74. She's a young 74 she does all kinds of things which impressed me mainly she continues to work. She square dances and she's fairly active in her senior center. Up until a couple of months ago she was working fairly regularly with the nursing service I currently use. However, she had to take some time I ever for an operation I think something like that but she informs me that though the nursing service that she worked for continues to keep her on file them not given or any work to speak of.

I've always liked Maggie she very unique. So, I kept in touch with her after Dianne and I split up. In fact Maggie came over a couple times when I first moved in to bring me small housewarming type gifts. A spatula knife and utensil cooking type kept. Flashlights all kinds of little things that I think she got in the mail. She often brought me over cooked goods as well which I never turn down. In fact it was a couple months ago that I realized she was no longer doing much home healthcare and that she was doing housecleaning for a couple of her old clients. At the time, I had this great housekeeper who was quick and thorough and worth the $20 an hour I paid her. However, she went through some marital discord and then major depression and she quit all of her housekeeping jobs and I never really quite got back into using a housekeeper. Luckily between my brother and my son and occasional one of the ladies at the complex here who feel sorry for me I think been able to keep myself above water apartment cleaning wise. But when I realized Maggie was now just housecleaning and not the regular home healthcare I figured I'd give her a shot and see about cleaning since I needed some assistance. I know that she's fairly “mature” but she's always been focused as much As she can. So maybe it's not a speck of span house as much as allowing someone else to do some work, to earn a few extra bucks and achieve a level of independence. Being a good deal all things considered and some desperately needed socialization thrown in.

Maggie was supposed to come over last week but she became ill. She was over last month for one cleaning session. We didn't really get a lot done because it was the first since I'd lost my regular cleaning person and there was a lot to be done. I'd hoped begun today when she was coming clean. I found that when she's here and I'm here we end up talking more than I would like and I get very nervous seeing the time go by and not as much cleaning is I think should be done. It was like that today so I finally excuse myself saying I had to return something to Walmart (which I did) and took off on the bus and didn't return for about an hour or two hours. She should've been done at 230 I did not get home till about 430 and surprised when she opened the door must trying to get in. Maggie still had dishes in the sink but the floors are swept and washed the rooms of carpet were vacuumed in the house smelled like Pine-Sol and for 15 bucks an hour with a two hour minimum I guess that's as good as it gets..

I finished doing the dishes made some dinner and try not to drop anything on the floor the nice clean kitchen floor and look forward to having Maggie come over again in a couple weeks and see what else we can get clean…

No comments: