Friday, February 22, 2019

Slacker



I'm a slacker! Today I'm a slacker I only went 6/10 of a mile in my power chair and I don't care. It seems I've gained a kilogram of weight since I weighed the middle of the week. Today is 101 .7 kg and on Wednesday I was 100.7 kg which in effect is 2 pounds. Dana, home health person and kind of weight coach encourages me by saying this was the weight for food eaten three days to a week ago. I really want to believe her and I do to a certain degree but the challenge of keeping the weight off is just that and never ending challenge. I don't know if this frustration of weight gain has led to my day of being a slacker and certainly cannot help.

In my defense of not wasting the entire day I did go to a Social Security/Medicare presentation put on by one of the local ambulance chaser organizations IE insurance reps named Shane. These presentations are arranged by our social worker type person Annie I like Annie a lot but in the end she's got a job to do and I appreciate that and one of those tasks of her job description is making opportunities to enlighten the residents of the facility Of positive options and opportunities. I know by the end of the year when she goes to her yearly evaluation she has to show X amount of presentations arranged for the apartment dwellers of Plymouth view. Today was bottled water, pizza and cookies. I turned on the cookies but I took two pieces of pizza which I feel so weak for having done so. Going back to the first paragraph it will not weigh well with my body. I almost took images of the event today but I just could not bring myself to document the session. Had flashbacks of what's his name in the Music Man I want to say Robert Preston but are you a you know the guy comes to the River city and sells everybody on musical instruments and stressed-out band uniforms. That's what Shane does stands in front of a bunch of old ladies, feeds and pizza and promises of them more money or services that he can find because he knows more about Medicare programs and hidden pockets of money that he could help the folks find. He takes names, room numbers and phone numbers and sets up appointments that he can meet with each resident to go over there plan. I'd like to think he's right but I've gone to these harebrained cases before only to be saddened at the end to of been played by a flimflam man with boxes of chainstore pizzas.

It's Friday again! I have to confess I'm a bit concerned about how quickly the weeks are flying by. I'm feeling pretty good, no loose to speak of, I'm strong in the days are beginning to finally warm just a little. I have a housekeeper who seems to know what she's doing and is affordable. I'm going to refer my health person to the housekeeper and hopefully both of them will be happy alley to is happy as I am. I doubt if I'm going anywhere this weekend but I did defrost half a chicken I threw in the freezer last week and I think I might enjoy some homemade chicken soup even if I'm not sick.

No comments: