Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Bots and Drones and Droids Oh No!

Huey, Louie and Dewey

I'm sure you guys don't want to read another posting about snow, ice and mobility but sorry this is my blog and I write what I write am I right or am I right?

I am in this weird waking loop right now. It seems most mornings I'm waking up about 4:15 AM and I forced myself back to sleep on Dana days (Dana is by home health person) Monday, Wednesday, Friday I get up at 6 AM so I'm ready by the time she gets her about 7 AM. On the alternate days Tuesday Thursday and the weekend. I try to sleep in rarely do I go beyond 7 AM. So now I'm waking up at 415 not all the days today for instance I tried to get back to sleep I got all the way to 5:15 AM in my mind started cycling on snow and ice. I've been playing with this idea since the great storm of trying to figure out a way to apply a snow shovel to the front of my chair and I would act as a snow dozer. I played with this little bit when I cleaned the sidewalks by my busstop last week after the great snow. I realized that my power chair certainly has the thrust and power needed to push a lot of snow out of the way provided I can keep hold of the shovel handle. If there is a way to keep a shovel load of snow and ice on the shovel, I could actually tilt my chair back and dump the load out of the way. Then I got to thinking I wonder if the boys over at UCAT could actually build such a device for my other power chair, my backup chair? Interesting. That chair is bigger than the chair I have now, that chair is an older model but has actually more power than his chair. That chair can actually be a good dozer.

My mind continued to swivel and swerve and birth new thoughts each one link to the other but branching out in its own thought dynamic and structure, how great would it be to develop a line of bots who soul purpose would be for snow and debris removal. The concept is certainly out there now that artificial intelligence is coming of age. Think of all the little bots which have graced movie screens the past 50 or so years. Of course there's R2-D2 which I could see would love to have a dozer fixed to the front of him and work removing snow that would be perfect and how about Huey Dewey and Louie? They would be totally perfect. Huey Dewey and Louie from Silent Running a great piece of science fiction buried under newer generations of science fiction all more sophisticated than that previous. Huey Dewey and Louie would be a great prototype to build the snow removal bots off of.

Usually, in the mornings when I'm having these great thoughts, I start losing their construction in my mind and soon they are forgotten as I move more into my day in consciousness. However I'm trying something different these days and when I have these thoughts reach over and grab my cell phone or other device and make a note so I can follow up later on during the day. So far it's working for what I don't know if nothing else fodder for my blog. Clarice, the chicken lady has stopped by my apartment twice now to let me know that she'll be coming over to help me straighten up my apartment. This is a lady who told me yesterday she couldn't make it because she had to celebrate her 81st birthday! Hopefully, tomorrow Gail will make it over and clean the apartment before Clarice gets here. That way the run-up be much for Clarice to do and will feel that she has repaid me for the favor I did her by shoveling her vehicle clean of snow.. I doubt that's how it will work but certainly willing to give it a try. And maybe once and for all I could put the snow storm behind me.


No comments: