Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Passing The Test

Perhaps the gauge of a good cleaning person is how long it takes to locate missing items after the cleaning persons visitation. One cannot draw this conclusion immediately following “cleaning day”. I am often to overwhelmed on how the pleading person pulled off the miracle of cleaning the chaos of my living environment. This is no small feat especially since this was the second visit from my clean person following a duration of approximately 7 months since by other cleaning person left. True, I'm grateful to two children is for friends and brother who has stepped in and helped keep my place livable. Everything from washing the floors to vacuuming the rugs. Now however, I have Gail coming on a regular basis that should make all the difference. I was concerned that Gail would not be able to do the job and that I was going to not be getting my money's worth but I was wrong. It's just that the chaos was so severe is taking a couple of visits just to get a fair amount of order from the chaos.

I think I noticed first Sunday night tonight I made the chicken noodle soup. It was time to seriously clean the kitchen which had been ravished by a cooking maniac. I'd made steak onions and eggs for breakfast and that frying pan had been put to soak as had been cutting board impeachments of dissection and assorted will used coffee cups. I ran a sink of hot water and submerged pots and pans cups and implements soak them for a few minutes then realized I did not have anything to wash with. I've been using a scratcher you know the kind of foam on one side for soap and on the other side rough plastic to use as a scraper for cooked on food and stain. I actually had a relatively new scratcher but it was nowhere to be found and then I suddenly remembered Gail asking the status of a scratcher that she'd found dried up, scrawny looking and probably look somewhat diseased. I said for her to toss it and I think she globalized the command all scratchers on the sinks. I'm sure she threw my other scratcher away, the good one. I used a washcloth from the bathroom closet. I have a number washcloth used to save with a couple more ragged than the others. One of these will make a fine washcloth I mean after all I'm sure washcloth reviews long before pot scratchers, metal/plastic came into vogue. I remember washing full sinks of Thanksgiving dinner dishes with cousins using only a washcloth and elbow grease.

So again I asked the question what is the gauge of a good housekeeper? For me the gauge of a good housekeeper is one that knows enough and has the courage to throw away any rag, rusted pot scratcher are plastic foam pad that looks to be the finest Trump germ hotel.I am blessed beyond fortune to have the best housekeeper in Utah.

No comments: