Sunday, February 17, 2019

Panic!




It's not like what I had was a real panic attack but I certainly did have some panic. It started a couple days ago I'm not sure exactly when but I noticed that I had this pain in my right hand. I've had the pain before so it didn't spooked me too much right then but every time I used my home in forefinger to try to make a pincher grasp I would get pain in my hand a sharp jabbing pain. I know it's not a big deal for most people but for me someone who uses my right hand is much as I do the impact of severe pain in my right hand to the point where I could not use the hand to seriously jeopardize my independence.

When I've had this pain before I always think that somehow I've sprained my wrist or something. I may have done just that somehow lifting myself up as I do in the morning with the trapeze that I used to get myself into the power chair. I thought maybe I bumped the nerve or something. Yesterday I noticed the pain was retreating a little bit and today the pain is nearly finished or gone completely if I don't irritate my right hand or wrist. But yesterday I almost panicked and this morning a little bit right before getting into my chair for the bad I wondered what would happen if I couldn't use my hand. I got to thinking and felt that whatever happened I would figure it out. I always seem to figure out something that may not be the most healthy of choices but I've been able to figure things out so far. I do not want to get more dependent on home health services that would just cost too much (moneywise) but still I need to beware of what's going on. A storm came in I can't remember if it was before or during the pain and I'm wondering if what I'm experiencing is something related to the low pressure system of the storm – – am I becoming histrionic, trying to make up excuses for something that may not be there, as part of this panic?This morning I was able to buy shirts on issues on my shirt on really no problem. This process takes a lot of hand function both left and right and is able to get by such income okay but I need to make an appointment with my healthcare provider either my physiatrest or my occupational therapistto give my hand the once over. I remember yesterday my hand throbbed specifically when I was trying to handle the snow device I was using to scrape the snow off people's vehicles in the back parking lot. That's when I was thinking I may have strained the rest.

Mark Anthony came over today (how fortunate am I?Got to go to lunch with him yesterday and today he came over with the magnet strip for my kitchen. I've talked about this for a number of years but never really acted on actually getting a strip for my knives but he picked up a magnet strip at Harbor freight and installed it today and it is either refrigerator. I truly feel blessed to have my knives now somewhere I know where they're at and where I can use them when and if I need to what a great present! He also cleaned off my table which was a real job requiring major doses of “Mr. clean”. What a great day!

No comments: