Monday, February 11, 2019

First World Problems




Right now my world seems to be revolving around three or four items. Engaging a cleaning person for my apartment, making a decision whether or not to dive into the whole world of demand entertainment i.e. streaming and the joyous exercise of clandestinely removing snow for my apartment mates vehicles.

I thought I'd solved my cleaning lady problem and I may have. Just that the cleaner I engaged is maybe more people than I had anticipated. This is kind of unfair but it's sort of a gut feeling I am getting. Gail advised me this morning that she was on the mend but she was still hacking and occasionally coughing up blood but felt she could make it on Wednesday.. I of course further excused her advising her to come only when she felt like she could and feels up to doing the work. Space I have not even shared with her I have other folks who might be interested in securing her work as well. Seriously, I want her to be totally healthy when she does her cleaning job because even at $15 an hour (and that's a deal) I don't want to get questionable work. I know better though she's better than that.

Russian Doll Sounds like a terribly interesting series on Netflix. This series is about a woman who continually dies. I don't know if The main character dies multiple times a episode or each episode is one death/rebirth or however it works sort of like in Groundhog Day, for Bill Murray lives one day 10,000 times Or until he transforms himself into something the universe wants. I don't know why but the concept just intrigues me. My big sucker for time travel, movies about reincarnation multiple lives that kind of stuff. I'm intrigued by watching a scene that's filled over and over again to see what changes in the background with each shooting. There are little changes if you pay attention to minute things that makes my viewing a bit more interesting. Russian doll Is produced by Netflix which means I would probably have to order Netflix to enjoy the series. One of my best friends, Lori, is encouraging me to take the plunge and I spent this afternoon visiting with my daughter as she was driving back home from some sort of business meeting in or gone, who is really encouraged me to take the plunge. We covered quite a bit of theatrical territory during her drive home. I even spent time visiting with my son, Mark Anthony who actually has Netflix. I was kind of feeling him out about tagging onto one of their passes or whatever Netflix offers people who can watch on one subscription. Seems like they're using all of theirs. I guess for $12 a month it might be worth it and if I really want to be cheap I could use the “free month” option and quit after I'd watched all of the Russian Doll season one. So many options so much stress.

I could write the stress out however and get some exercise in by even removing more snow off of vehicles. It snowed again last night a lot more than anticipated that it would. However by morning the storm and moved on but vehicles in the back parking lot were covered in snow. I'm always amazed at how many seniors are driving in this facility. I attacked Clarice's vehicle again. I use the device by brother had made for me which work better than even the snow shovel that I had used last week. This time however I did not stop at Clarice is going on to Beverly's and a couple other vehicles I did know who they belong to. This kind of pathetic however I could only reach so far and I couldn't get to the window on the other side because the vehicles are either part too close together or had piles of snow so high on the passenger side I couldn't get my chair in close enough to remove more snow. However, I realize that if I could get the snow off the window to the point where the glass was exposed the radiant energy would do the rest and quickly. I must've done for five cars today and boy do I feel good… Is that corny? Now, I'm almost depressed that there is no more snow tomorrow and probably for the rest of the week not like we've had the last couple of days. Maybe I can go underground until next year when the storms begin again…

No comments: