Saturday, February 16, 2019

People Are People…



I don't know why but I woke is morning thinking it was Sunday.. It took forever this morning to realign my thought process so that they felt like Saturday. Snow fell during the night, the weather people said that was going to happen but I didn't really believe the forecast. But indeed I heard the snow plow scraping outside my window early on this morning. When I got up and looked out there is indeed snow way more than anticipated and sure enough there was snow on the cars out of the parking lot.

The storm and moved on by the time I got up and dressed, the sun was shining brightly and they felt warm very springlike. I don't know what snapped me back into Saturday thinking but I realized it was Saturday and had an option for going to the food bank which I did. When I got back I decided” what the heck” and I grabbed my pizza shovel and went out in scrape the Windows of all the cars I could reach in the back parking lot. Whereas before other snowstorms I just did the Windows because it sounded fun today I actually had an altruistic motive in doing good just to do good. One of my favorite Mormon hymns is “have I done any good in the world today” I don't know if that's the name of the song but it's is the first line in the first verse as I can remember. I often have this tune rattling the back of my mind but today I really want to do some good for no particular reason just for the fun of it.. I felt I had to move quickly to make sure I didn't get caught in fact I was caught by, Trish, who was out walking her dog but she didn't seem to register what I was doing which is okay by me. When I started scraping the Windows it was a dry snow in the snow came off fairly easily all actually all the snow came off easily. By the time I had started the project the sun had already started warming the Windows. I found that by removing the snow from the bottom portion of the window the rest of the snow would fall down making it easy to scrape the remaining snow off the vehicle. I did about 10 vehicles are on the vehicle I could reach in the back. And that's okay. I got to thinking that by the time many these folks come out to check their vehicles and will look as if the sun melted all the snow. I felt initially a pain of regret but then I thought I don't want to be recognized. I'm doing is because I want to do this and if they/the benefactors of my snow removal don't know that I did the snow removal all the better. Trish knows, she saw what I was up to and perhaps that's just enough. After all I was stopped by Clarice later in the morning to confide in me how many gossips resided at our apartment complex. I just smiled and said yes people are people wherever you go…


No comments: