Sunday, February 24, 2019

Illusions of Summer



I finished the soup today. The process is a bit intimidating but not too bad. I pulled the partially prepared soup out of the refrigerator. But the soup and one of my better pots, one with a lid, I also left out one of the baggies full of soup about a little less the quart turned on the heat and went to work on a big old potato. I thought about using one of the new carrots I purchased yesterday but you know I'm okay with the carrots that were in their look okay just the right amount of color. I did peel the tater and diced the spud and tossed the bits into the vat, added some paprika and dried parsley. I had a bowl of the soup for dinner, I even had a piece of the artesian bread I got at the food bank. It was a good dinner but I have to watch it I can really start putting on weight and that's the last thing I want to do.

Earlier Mark Anthony came over second week in a row and I really appreciated his attention. We actually got a large flatscreen I inherited from Janet couple years ago that was never looked at till today. The flatscreen has lots of potential. We just now have to figure out how to anchor it so is secure and usable. Either get a stand and use it like I'm using this screen now or get a device that will attach to the wall and put it in the bedroom. Either way it should be interesting to see what we do. Now that we've actually plugged the screen in and figured out that works and works fairly well I'm looking forward to actually using the screen. The flatscreen is old technology and really I should just save little bit a screen of comparable size would cost and install that screen, a new screen, with all its whistles and bells but that is the lesson I think I'm still learning. For example, I found a three CD-ROM Emerson stereo set on the sharing shelf yesterday morning early as I was washing clothes I'd drug the stereo back to my apartment really thinking I might use it one way or another. Today, Mark Anthony plugged it in and of course the CD player did not work and I didn't check to see if the cassettes worked. Mark Anthony actually took the top off the CD player since the tray would not slide out and goofed around with it a little bit and got it working. There is actually a CD in the tray. He actually got the CD to spin and play. We spent an inordinate amount of time on the project for a piece of cheap technology. I am going to let the piece go either to the garbage or Desert Industries. Probably to the dumpster because the we else needs the problems that the junkie little Emerson Would create. We actually cleaned out some closets or closet and move some heavy things to larger awkward for me to wrangle.

Last night I went to the market and got ice cream, low-calorie chocolate ice cream bars and they even had the double stick popsicles I've been waiting for almost a year to come in. It's a little cold right now to really enjoy popsicles but perhaps if I turn the heat up in the apartment and hold my head or mouth just right and maybe I can produce an illusion of summer.

No comments: