Saturday, February 09, 2019

Warm Chicken In Plastic



My cleaning person again did not show up today which kind of vexes me but not really. I certainly don't want to put any stress on this lady who 74 but fairly agile. However, I'm beginning to worry about my apartment a little bit. I'm sure Gail will come around as soon as she gets a little bit more rest and I'm going to focus on picking up and clean the things I can reach. What worries that me the most is that I'm beginning to accept this level of entropy my home is beginning to show. I must fight this appalling entropy at all costs. As I alluded, Gail not showing up That's me off the hook kind of of having to make any decisions about what I wanted to do and what I'd like her to focus on, in the apartment. So looks like I have another couple of days.

I should be responsible for directing by my Life I figured I'd best run over market to pick up a few items for the rest of the weekend and in the next week. Supposedly we have a number of storms building up “out in the Pacific” and they're headed this way. The commentator promises storms will not be as big as we just suffered and I kind of agree but just to be sure to have some fresh fruit options around the apartment. I've got everything else I need, carbo's and protein In fruit and vegetable juices and I even have boxed milk and coffee beans and ground. I can make it to next week if I have to. I just love these end of the world scenarios I talked myself into and the weather people talk about storms a coming. I even have meals prepared that I should be eating and I'm not really as much as I should. In fact today one of the steaks I froze last week fell out of the freezer when I went to put something else in now that it stay on the floor to thaw. I figured The following steak an act of God And that he/she wanted me to have steak for dinner.

I was pretty tired of the time I got back from the market. I rinsed the grapes put the bananas on the table and the jalapeno peppers (pickled) in the pantry. I surprised myself that in the middle of the 5 o'clock begin news I begin prepping dinner. I pulled the green onions, mushrooms, broccoli onion (yellow) three garlic toes and chopped everything up olive oil in a frying pan and thru the limp steak In the heated olive oil and piled the vegetables on Selective spread a frying steak and surround myself in the aroma. As I was totally enjoying myself just sitting there I hear a knock knock knock on my door and I forgot Clarice, remember her from yesterday when I shoveled off her car? She threatened she was going to bring over homemade chicken soup for dinner and I figure that's what it was… Wrong! She said the time and gotten away from her she did not make chicken soup today and then said “I got you this instead” and pointed to a plastic bag item her walker about the size of a good-sized head and I could tell it was warm. It was another rotisserie chicken! I did not want another rotisserie chicken size of a head still warm. I tried to tell her that she did not need to get me anything for cleaning her vehicle off. But she is European and she's old And Republican who always pays her debts. I graciously accepted the chicken with the hope of being able to place the whole container into my freezer and save it for a rainy day. I don't know which was the greater Samaritan effort cleaning the car Of snow or accepting a chicken the size of your head…



No comments: