Saturday, August 10, 2019

Can You Say "Scoliosis?"



I'm really begin to worry about my power chair. The power chair is working all right as far as get me from point a to point B I have no complaints that way. It seems to me the system is morphing but probably more to the point I am the one who is morphing that's beginning to scare the piss out of me. Anyway, I've got the foot box on the power chair to read my spastic legs from spazzing off the chair special on traveling. Full lately have noticed that my right foot is beginning to curl or turn under. This is a very uncomfortable feeling – –.not necessarily painful– – I find that if I take one of the sticks and push my foot up and down my foot will stand or sit correctly on the footplate in the foot box. I used to be able to just lift up my leg and that gravity would straighten my foot out but that doesn't seem to be working anymore. I'm wondering if my specimens are getting worse.

I've known for actually sense my trauma/disability that I have scoliosis of never thought of it as a big deal. I sorry got the impression that all folks is spinal cord injury and up getting scoliosis to some degree sooner or later. I didn't think scoliosis would be significant in my life but maybe I'm wrong. As I've aged I've noticed that my body, most likely spine, seems to be twisting. The twist is somewhat vertical which I never ever even thought about but does the spine twists it throws the rest of my body out of kilter or so I think and therefore I'm getting just some uncomfortable sensations and I notice my right leg seem to be twisting and turning under. I noticed this when I bridge with my chair tilted back that I cannot put weight on my turned foot which makes taking my shorts off somewhat challenging and to some degree putting them on. I think for a year to have been somewhat in denial. It's like I've been through enough I shouldn't have to go through anymore but in all reality this is probably the next step. There's so many things that could negatively go and basically wrong in my life at this point who really affect my independence and a turned foot can certainly be the start. It just seems like so many things are begin to pile up. Still I need to be thankful for how independent I am thanks to my my fairly adequate body. I've noted with a little horror past couple of days my neighbor is a fairly in person this had a stroke and of course one side is affected giving her that zombie lurch when she walks. I just shutter to think what would happen should I even get a minor stroke. We're talking hello long-term-care. No were doing my own shopping, riding the bus and going to movies for this gimp. I just pray that does not happen. I don't know if having a scoliosis as I do will lead to significant pain. I hope not I've noticed that my whole body seems to be twisting which is the next scene in the great play of my life…


No comments: